Our mission at OmniSci is to make analytics instant, powerful, and effortless for everyone. The OmniSci platform is used in business and government to find insights in data beyond the limits of mainstream analytics tools. Harnessing the massive parallelism of modern CPU and GPU hardware, the platform is available in the cloud and on-premise. OmniSci originated from research at Harvard and MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). Now, our platform is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records.
We’re looking for a UX / UI Designer to drive product design, interaction, user research and related areas along with contribution to product marketing needs such as illustrations, visual designs and animation. This is an individual contributor, hands-on role that requires strong design and creative skills along with a can-do attitude to build unique compelling content.
- Good understanding of product design.
- Strong hands on visual design theory and concepts.
- Produce highly innovative, functional and visually compelling designs.
- Deliver rapid prototypes with impeccable user experience / interactions.
- Conduct user research to validate needs, interactions and bring them back to designs and prototypes.
- Work with product and engineering to define product IA, user experience, interactions language.
- Deliver wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, workflows, and understand customers and users’ feedback to iterate and help build an intuitive and delightful product.
- Collaborate with engineering team to do rapid iteration based on scheduled releases.
- Good knowledge of design library and design decision management.
- Confidence to step forward and fight for best user experience.
What you need:
- 3 years of experience designing enterprise applications and/or, websites.
- Excellent understanding of user interface, visual design, color theory and user experience skills.
- Strong knowledge of web application and mobile user interface design methods.
- Good hands on experience with Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, OmniGraffle, Axure, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, InVision or other design, wireframing, mockup and interaction design tools.
- A portfolio of projects (Dribble, Behance, others) that demonstrates design skills.
- Strong design fundamentals with the ability to communicate complex concepts via visuals, charts, graphics, colors, typography and illustrations.
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Team player with can-do attitude.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design Information Management, Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
Wouldn't hurt to bring along:
- Experience in AI, predictive analytics and machine learning landscape is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Analytics / Business intelligence (BI) products such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, SiSense, Looker, Zoomdata, Thoughtspot, OBIEE, Birst, GoodData, Cognos, Business Objects, DataRobot, etc.
- Experience in Data visualization, D3, Highcharts, etc.
Since launching our product in 2016, OmniSci has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN, and is experiencing explosive growth in users and customers. The company is backed by leading VCs and strategic investors, including NEA, Nvidia, GV (Google), In-Q-Tel, Tiger Global Management, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital.
Unsolicited Resumes: OmniSci will not pay a fee to any employment agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of our Executive team or the Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of OmniSci and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.
OmniSci is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.