Senior UX Researcher
Senior UX Researcher
Location: Redwood City, CA (when offices re-open)
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access, and leveraging cloud economics – all from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher with experience in the B2B space and appreciation for complex and technical products, who can help us improve our understanding of our users, and how we can create experiences that simplify their complex tasks.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate experience in conducting contextual inquiry interviews, planning and running design validations and usability studies, synthesizing research findings, and presenting those effectively to stakeholders at different levels of the organizations.
The UX Team at Sumo Logic creates consumer-level user experience for complex data visualizations and information design of enterprise-level capabilities. That sounds complicated, and it is. But our team is close-knit, and we swarm frequently on all of the design problems we’re facing, as well as how to test these designs.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you’re passionate about deeply understanding our users, solving complex problems, and creating smart, polished products.
- Work closely with product designers, engineers, and product managers to identify research topics and define studies to address user behavior and attitudes
- Plan and conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, and analyze through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Recruit research participants
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative insights and translate insights into actionable recommendations
- Collect feedback and champion iterative refinements of the product until the usability and experience reach desired expectations
- Communicate and present research findings cross-functionally to inform business decisions and build greater empathy for our customers
- Build processes as the UX research team continues to grow
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with a team. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in applied product research
- Strong strategic, analytical, and creative skills with a history of tackling and solving complex design research opportunities
- Ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Highly skilled in a range of user-centered design methodologies, with tangible deliverables
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Be highly adaptable in an ever-changing startup environment
- A portfolio that highlights your strengths
Nice to have
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field
- Experience with leading design workshops
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization
- Experience with remote unmoderated research techniques
Within 3 Months You Will
- Become familiar with the Sumo Logic product, customers, and a specific area of the product
- Plan and execute research studies with cross-functional scrum teams
- Influence product development decision-making, based on your research insights
Within 6 Months You Will
- Take ownership of the research vision for cross-functional scrum teams
- Implement processes to mature UX research at Sumo Logic
- Mentor and support UX researchers, designers and other cross-functional team members
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.