Tech co. is a platform for advocates to create, power, and cultivate communities at local and national levels. We provide mobilization and data tools to non-profits, issue advocacy groups, electoral groups, and corporate social impact teams. tech co. is building on the foundation of products including Organizer, Crowdskout, and other existing tools and products. We are building capabilities that live beyond a 4-year election cycle, and outside of a traditional “Red/Blue” partisan paradigm.
tech co. is looking for a UX Researcher to help rethink our community platform; to help empower citizens to create communities and take action around issues that impact their lives. tech co.’s product has most recently been centered in the CRM space, but we are looking to expand far beyond that into the consumer app space. If you are highly motivated, super passionate about democracy, and want to join a close-knit team that is looking to build great things together, Crowdskout may be for you. This is a full-time position and will be located in Washington, DC; Austin, TX; New York, NY; Sacramento, CA; Durham, NC or Salt Lake City, UT.
- Excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the user’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve user experience.
- Experience crafting and leading UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analyses that inform product design and strategy.
- Work closely with product and customer teams to identify important research questions
- Skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to help generate answers to key questions
- Provide actionable insights to inform product design and improvements
- Collaborate with the Product Designer, Product Manager and VP of Consumer on the development of design deliverables, e.g., personas, journey maps, user flows, prototypes, and metrics
- Advocate for the user. You're passionate about uncovering pain/friction points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- Effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and partners, as well as, work to strategize potential solutions.
- Promote best practices for user research
- Experience working in a consumer-facing role.
- Degree in Behavioral Science, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in conducting user research and usability testing and translating research outcomes into actionable insights
- Prior experience working with consumer products
- Experience with organizing, advocacy, or political campaigns a plus
- Team player with an ability to build relationships among peers and across departments
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively
- Able to give and receive critical feedback
- Demonstrated ability to design, plan, and lead user research studies a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
- Can provide a portfolio or work samples
tech co. is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity across all spectrums in its hiring, without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. With that being said, we wouldn't be able to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time since we are a small company. If you find this role interesting and you hit on the elements above, please apply!