Correlation One is a technology company whose mission is to bring data science to everyone. We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. We promote data literacy through global data science competitions, rigorous data skills assessments, and enterprise-grade data science education. We have built an expert community of 250,000+ data professionals and 500+ relationships with leading universities in the US, China, UK, Canada, Ireland and Latin America.
Our solutions are used by some of the most elite employers around the world in finance, technology, healthcare, insurance, consulting, and government, including SoftBank, Citadel, Memorial Sloan Kettering, the Government of Colombia, Ernst & Young, Lyft, Twitch, Two Sigma, Point 72, Experian, IMC Trading, ZS Associates, and other leading entities.
About the Team
We are a small group of engineers, product managers, designers, and business operators who are accomplished thinkers and doers. Our team includes traders & portfolio managers at multibillion-dollar hedge funds, a Forbes 30 Under 30 winner, a top-20 competitor at the USA Math Olympiad and the Putnam Math Competition, and published authors in computer science & math.
Our team values a healthy mix of high-level thinking + get-it-done attitude. Everyone checks their ego at the door, where no task is too big or too small. We have a dedicated meritocratic culture where the best ideas win, whether they come from our CEO or our newest team member!
About The Role
We are looking for a Product Designer to create a great experience for our web-based products. These include our industry-leading assessments platform, a tower defence tournament series for finding programming talent, an EdTech platform for data skills training, and a marketplace for data talent recruitment.
This role requires someone to spend about 60% of their time on visual design of the product and 40% on the user experience. You will work closely with a Senior Product Designer to understand the portfolio of products and the design system in place for some of those products, and will gradually start to lead projects of your own.
Your Day-to-day Will Involve
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers, to understand requirements and provide creative and thoughtful solutions.
- Create the following for effective communication of the user experience: journey maps, storyboards, wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, prototypes, and/or high fidelity interfaces.
- Leveling up our UX and brand. You'll work with the entire team to evolve a consistent aesthetic and brand across our product, website, docs, emails, and more
- Work with other product designers to develop and maintain a comprehensive product design guideline, define design patterns for both B2B and B2C products.
- Understand the problem, integrate user feedback, research findings and business requirements into iterative product experience updates.
- Build consensus across diverse teams through effective communication
Some Things We Consider Critical For This Role
- 1 years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Excellence in UX thinking, visual design, and written communication
- Thorough understanding of the creative development process and the thought process behind these steps.
- Ability to understand complex problems, scope and prioritize projects, define schedules, and work independently.
- Understand web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Proficient with Sketch and prototyping tools
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration (and password, if applicable). It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.