We're looking for a seasoned designer that can create world-class user experiences that solve real problems in an elegant way.
Yelp is the best source of knowledge about local businesses. At Yelp, you'll have the opportunity to have a real impact on a product that hundreds of millions of consumers trust to discover and engage with local businesses!
As a Product Designer, you'll be responsible for UI/UX design and IxD but also play a key role in ideation, roadmapping, analysis, feature design, and the quality of our products. The team you’ll work with is small, nimble and has a direct impact across the whole product platform.
The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the design of the product you’re working on, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers to make quick decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Our office is based in central Hamburg, within walking distance of Jungfernstieg and the Alster. Join us and be one of the personalities that makes Yelp culture awesome.
Where You Come In:
- Create meaningful experiences by delivering UX,UI & IxD.
- Own and ideate mobile & web products end to end to accomplish bold goals.
- Critically analyze the success of your solutions and iterate.
- Lead design projects to create high fidelity, customer validated design artifacts.
- Responsible for Yelp’s product suite aimed at large-scale B2B customers
- Play a key role in the visual design of our language and patterns.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Several years experience creating delightful and engaging products.
- Solid portfolio with a history of impactful designs.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, Principle, Figma, Creative Cloud) to produce wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Experience providing overall creative direction for larger projects.
- Track record of working on enterprise solutions.
- Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- The ability to communicate with engineers and product managers effectively.
- A creative mindset with a drive to solve complex problems.
- You should love Yelp, but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong.
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.