As a product designer on Apostrophe’s Patient Experience team you'll solve complex problems that often span across the business's stakeholders (patient, pharmacy, doctor). You'll collaborate with engineers, product managers, data-sciences, in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. Using your skills in concepting, facilitation, prototyping, and visual design, you'll launch fabulous experiences that change the way people access dermatological care and make their lives more convenient. You’ll have an impact on our design framework, shape, and the way that we work and collaborate with each other. You will also work closely with engineering to ensure high quality implementations.
You should have fully owned the design from start to finish for impactful features that ship quickly. These projects shouldn’t be subtle iterations, but comprehensive shifts or improvements where many stakeholders are considered and your stellar communication was a key factor in pushing the project past the finish line.
User centricity runs in our DNA. We strive to delight our patients with a “wow” experience, reimagining what a digital relationship with your dermatology can be. You love digging into data to help make decisions, using customer research to validate assumptions, and have general project management skills (even if that’s just excellent self management).
Our goal is simple- to increase positive outcomes of our patient experiences: get our patients confident, glowing skin!
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Build flows and prototypes to tackle difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Work with product managers to define requirements
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and operations
- Partner with engineers to ship pixel-perfect designs
- Ship, measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the Apostrophe patient experience
- 3+ Years of product design experience
- Prototyping skills
- Experience building products for web and iOS
- Knowledge of mobile and web design patterns
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work provides details of your role on projects, and shows examples of systems thinking and functional designs that you have developed from start to finish
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and make vital tradeoff decisions
- You have experience designing solutions for systems with multiple levels of dependencies
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data, ecommerce and telehealth needs & norms, and business OKRs.
- Proven experience building for a consumer audience
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and levels
- You’re a proactive self-starter and you’re capable of communicating and prototyping design concepts rapidly at all levels of fidelity
- Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format—clearly demonstrate how your designs solve customers’ problems or add value to their lives
- Ability to facilitate team discussions and help drive toward decisions
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Apostrophe proudly prioritizes underrepresented groups for our partnerships. We do this for two reasons. One, we strongly believe that we can make a bigger impact in the world by having a diversity of voices in the room. And two, underrepresentation is a consequence of a prejudiced system and promoting underrepresented talent is the only lasting way to make systemic change.