Apply for this job
About the role
We are looking to hire an Independent product Designer who is able to plan and execute their work with minimal guidance from their manager. You need to provide the user's point of view to the discussions and collaborate with the rest of the product team to ensure that users will end up with the best solution to the issue at hand. With your deep knowledge of how the technology works and interest in how users behave, you would answer any problem with a combination of well-defined flow, wireframes, information architecture, user journey, and/or storyboard.
What you’ll do
- Focus on user experience in particular 1-2 stream(s) and managing expectations with Product and engineering teams
- Influence product and engineering to take up design backlog that ease user pain point or increase delightful experience like improving micro interaction
- Work more on diverse problem where analysis and data-driven approach is needed and become key contributor with product manager to stream-level strategy & OKRs
- Effectively delivers new feature/feature improvements for products that are already well-defined in scope
- Define the product briefs and be able to present the ideas/solution to the team
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release
- Contribute in the team cadence discussion and make short presentation to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Mentor junior designers in the team and participate actively in the hiring process
What you’ll need
- Should have at least 3 years of experience in the product design industry. Experience in payment industry is a must criteria for this role
- Familiar with data and can identify problem areas, furtherly map out the user journey and break these problems into smaller chunks
- Use basic analytics tools to gather customer data (funnel)
- Possess a good knowledge of design fundamentals such as design thinking framework and other framework in order to develop products
- Able to sketch the ideas into a wireframes, learn how to make wireflow and do wireframing for well defined features
- Have a good knowledge of the tools such as Overflow, Miro, Sketch and other wireframing tools that used in the design team especially product design roles
- Knowledge in design validation, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, collaborative teamwork with wide range of stakeholders
Bonus points if
- Able to create prototype to validate ideas and features
About the team
GoPay team is spread across Jakarta and Bangalore and consists of 100+ engineers, product managers and designers. Partner Platform within GoPay provides seamless experience to merchants to become the most preferred partner for them by accepting GoPay payments in merchants mobile app, website and even in-store. We also enable discovery of merchants and their promotions, increase revenue, improve brand value and generate leads for merchant services.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.