Senior UX/UI Designer
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking an experienced, versatile, and motivated UX/UI + graphic designer to join the HomeX Product & Design team. Your responsibilities will include initiatives in both product development and marketing. On the product side, you will contribute to the early phases of UX development (user journeys, wireframing, and prototyping) and employ the principles and best practices of UI design to create intuitive, efficient and engaging pages, views and components. Familiarity working within design systems is a plus. On the marketing side, you’ll be tasked with helping to design the creative necessary to drive adoption of our products—including web design, email campaigns, social media, presentation materials, and print collateral.
- Ideation: Partner with product and business stakeholders to zero in on the problems and goals that will define HomeX in the market.
- UX Development: Create and work from user stories to map efficient, enjoyable customer journeys from problem to resolution.
- Validation: Use analytical thinking, best practices and research to justify decisions, then conduct user testing to validate solutions.
- UI Design: Translate UX concepts into beautiful, engaging and user-focused UI designs, working within a cohesive design system and collaborating with engineers to achieve fidelity to your vision.
- Go to Market: Collaborate on strategy with Marketing group, then lead the design of assets needed to drive customer engagement in the market—both for homeowners using HomeX and for contractors on the HomeX platform.
- Creative Leadership: While this is an individual contributor role with no direct reports, it is a senior-level role and you will be expected to inspire the Product & Design teams to do their best work, while providing mentorship and maintaining consistency.
- Passionate: You bring a love of design to your work every day. You are inspired by what you see happening in UX/UI and enjoy keeping up on the latest industry developments. You’re excited by the opportunity to step up and take on new challenges.
- Analytical: You understand that UI design is an exercise in problem-solving. You can support your design decisions by referencing design patterns and the principles of user-centric design.
- Contributor Mentality: You work well within established design systems and guidelines, instinctively understanding how to create consistent, but creative design solutions. You’re willing to “do whatever it takes.”
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating with project teams composed of varying disciplines—including key stakeholders, managers, UX specialists, front- and back-end developers, designers, writers, and others.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity workplace where you can balance multiple projects and shifting priorities. You are comfortable with quick & dirty approaches and also know when it is appropriate to take a step back and think bigger picture.
- Focused: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life. You understand that to do that, you need to stay on target.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation in your career.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer
- Demonstrated the ability to use the disciplines of design to solve user problems
- Proficiency in Sketch required
- A portfolio of your work, including samples of several types of design initiatives
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.