Senior Product Designer
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
At ezCater, we pride ourselves on being insanely helpful, especially when it comes to great UX and great service. As a Senior Product Designer on the Fulfillment domain, you’ll be solving for the users that ensure our orders are successful: our catering partners, customer service representatives, and delivery drivers.
You’ll be a leader on the team tasked with finding and delivering innovative solutions to some of the most complex design challenges in our space. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a group of talented product designers and design researchers, while spending your days on projects that solve for valuable user and business problems.
We’re proud of how many times the adjective ‘easy’ appears in our TrustPilot reviews and we think that it’s both UX and UI that helps get us that reputation – come join our team and help us keep those great reviews coming!
When teammates describe you, here’s what they say...
- You thrive at solving a wide range of complex design challenges, across mobile and desktop, without skipping a beat. You come with experience in responsive design and iOS design, and you keep up with the latest trends.
- You’re a valued thought partner to Product and Engineering leaders, and are respected by stakeholders across the business. You influence the product agenda and drive the design vision and roadmap. You're confident when sharing your process.
- You care deeply about the needs of the people you’re designing for. You work with design researchers to help others walk a mile in their shoes and contribute to research sessions as a thought-partner.
- You’re at your best when working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment. You’re energized by designing with hypotheses in mind, iterating, testing, and measuring to find the best solution.
- You demonstrate an outcome-focused attitude that keeps your team feeling positive and energized, and brings fresh ideas and learnings into your work and your team’s work.
- You can lead a team through complex problem definition and propose conceptual, long term design solutions that meet business needs.
In a couple of months, here’s what else you’ll be able to do...
- Use data to make design decisions (while surrounded by stakeholders and colleagues who believe strongly in the value of user research and data-driven design).
- Contribute to moving business metrics. You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- Collaborate with other design team members and play an active part in the team’s culture. Help ensure that other designers have the feedback and support they need.
- Communicate effectively with your team and maintain high levels of credibility with stakeholders about your process and the problem you’re solving. You don’t just make design decisions, but you can speak to them.
- Facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions with your team and take the charge on concept generation and developing solutions.
- Have a solid grasp of all sides of ezCater’s business within the fulfillment domain and beyond.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- Have 5+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates a knack for solving complicated problems by designing clean and cohesive experiences, and dependable attention to detail. You present your process and not just the end result.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision, or other design and prototyping tools. Have experience working with and contributing to a design system. You see the value in consistent, well-considered components and guidelines, and advocate for the benefits of a high-quality experience.
- Can speak to the problems you’ve solved and how your design solutions led to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how you’ve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Are excited to share your expertise with the rest of the design team.
- Have a sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, a great office in the heart of Boston or Denver that you can’t use till COVID lightens up, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.