User Experience Researcher
Wrike has opened a new office in Prague and we're looking for a User Experience Researcher to join our Product Design team. We believe our product experience will be our major driver of innovation and differentiation and our User Experience Researchers will be instrumental to our success. Our product is thriving in a highly competitive market and it's used by millions of people worldwide to achieve their best within their teams and organizations.
In this role, you’ll conduct generative, formative, and summative research to understand customer needs and synthesize findings to inform product strategy, problem definition, and validate the solution. As the strategy and product development progresses, the User Experience Researcher will need to continuously help teams to validate deliverables and to ensure we bring the right solutions to the market. This role requires top-notch research skills, along with a strategic mindset and the ability to collaborate with different product teams.
The ideal candidate is a relentless customer advocate, they are someone who possesses a passion for human-centered design, and has a track record of executing highly impactful research with cross-functional teams. Our User Experience Researchers leverage a wide variety of research methods and work in lockstep with their teams to envision, validate, and release high-quality experiences our customers will love.
What will you do?
- Proactively planning and executing customer research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation.
- Employing a wide range of research methods, including generative design research and contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, formative and summative usability studies, and quantitative methods, such as surveys and data analytics.
- Developing relationships across the company to collect existing research and insights to inform your research questions, and collaborate on end-to-end research that looks across the customer journey.
- Leading empathy and design-thinking workshops with cross-functional teams to ensure that findings and insights are translated into actionable product goals and direction.
- Sharing customer insights with the broader organization in creative ways to increase customer empathy, including posters, immersion rooms, blog posts, and workshops.
What are we looking for?
- Significant professional research experience.
- Strong track record of qualitative and quantitative results impacting product strategy and development.
- An up-to-date toolkit of research methods and the experience and savvy to know when to be lean and when to be rigorous.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including designers, product managers, and software developers.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence.
Additional skills that will help you stand out
- Familiarity with Lean UX and Lean Research methodologies.
- Experience with agile software development.
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible work schedules
- 25 days of paid vacation
- 5 sick days and 2 weeks of 100% salary compensation during illness
- Free yearly public transportation card
- 3,500 CZK meal vouchers per month, unlimited snacks and refreshments in the office
- English and Czech language courses
- 40,000 CZK personal budget for well-being, education, sports, and healthcare
- 5,000 CZK extra for new parents
- Multisport card contribution
- Company mobile phone plans
- Contribution to supplementary pension savings