Senior UX/UI Designer
We’re on the lookout for a UX/UI Designer. You will have a keen eye for great design with the focus on usability and experience. You’ll be an expert in interface design with a strong interest and passion in product design.
Who are we?
Machobear Studio is an established tech start-up based in Vancouver. We are the creators of Liv.Rent, a platform that connects tenants with landlords (check us out at liv.rent and in the App store!). We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our growing team. You will be working with cross-functional teams that will take on exciting and challenging projects. If you are a dreamer who puts ideas into action, we want you!
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to continue to refine, iterate and release new features for our product
- Translate words of wisdom and visions into meaningful interfaces that relates to real life
- Research, implement and share best development practices with the team
- Conduct user experience research and studies when applicable
- Adopt and execute various rapid prototyping methodologies
- Communicate with stakeholders and clients on product development
What you bring to us:
- Have a passion for new design and technologies
- 8+ years experience designing web, mobile and desktop applications
- Shipped at least 1-2 enterprise level solutions or web applications
- A guru when it comes to working with web and responsive mobile; native iOS and Android, employing a holistic approach to design
- Bachelor’s degree, a post-secondary diploma/certificate in design, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Strong interface design skills, highly detailed oriented and a strong interest in product design #pixelperfect
- Expert skills with Adobe Suite of products, Sketch, inVision prototyping and other design tools
- An eye for detail and deep knowledge on user-focused, human centric designs
- Ability to recognize both short and long-term perspectives of a proposed product
- Proven track record in working across a variety of industries in successfully demonstrating creative approaches in solving complex problems
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What to expect:
- Comprehensive benefit package
- The opportunity to work alongside a collaborative team that welcomes new ideas and loves a good challenge
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Beautiful office space centrally located in Coal Harbour along the Seawall
- A fully stocked kitchen
- Pet-friendly office
- Weekly office socials, virtual happy hours, etc.
Up for the challenge? We’d love to hear from you. Forward your resume and link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org