Yumi is looking for a seasoned UX/UI Designer with amazing software design skills and strong experience building native mobile and web based applications and user experiences. Yumi is a rapidly growing DTC brand delivering fresh baby food to households weekly.
Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered directly to your door. A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers, and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days, a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human's life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We're well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that's transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you're stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we'd love to add you to the fam. Let's raise a healthier generation together!
Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We've also backed by some of the top luminaries in the direct to consumer landscape, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, and Casper.
We're looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our fast growing team. We're obsessed with food, kids and great design and are looking for a designer to kick off a number of digital projects we have on the horizon!
At this time we are NOT hiring entry level designers.
• Design solutions to solve complex problems in a simple user friendly way
• Design complex front-end UX/UI for web and mobile web
• Maintain, update, and improve upon our existing website
• Work with sales and marketing teams to establish landing pages, graphic materials, and collateral for various audiences and campaigns
• Work with product management to set design standards that conform with brand, business, and technical development objectives
• Provide continuous competitive and best-practices research, leverage industry resources and market trends and liaise with internal stakeholders
• Use data to drive design and usability decisions
• 4+ years’ experience designing responsive websites and native mobile apps
• Experience designing e-commerce websites and native mobile apps
• Expert UX/UI skills with proven ability to plan and design complex features for large and small screens
• Experience driving design and user-experience for end-to-end projects
• Fluency with grids, type, color, layout, iconography, imagery, patterns, and systems
• Hands on experience with concepting, storyboarding, wireframing, and creating user flows
• Experience in core design research and crafting insights from observation
• Experience designing native mobile apps and having one or more apps in Apple’s App Store or Google’s PlayStore designed by you
• Highly experienced in responsive design, native app design, usability and cross-browser testing. A creative, outside-the-box thinker who can marry innovative design with results driven UX principles
• Expert level in Figma
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficiency in After Effects and Webflow is a plus
• Passionate about emerging mobile and Internet software development concepts and technologies
• Confidence, humor, and the ability to get along well in a collaborative team environment
Yumi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, genetic information, marital status, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to a protected class, whether or not an employee actually falls into such class. Yumi's EEO practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, recall, training, and leaves of absence.