Codelitt helps companies build new products and solve their most pressing problems with the speed, technology, and innovation of a startup. We are passionate about improving the lives of our users through the products we build.
If you thrive in a small team environment and love being involved in creating products that will have an impact on real users, this is the job for you. Your passion lies with user advocacy, yet you understand the tremendous impact that UX brings to a business investing in building a product and know how to walk the line between both.
As a User Experience Researcher, you’ll be asked to work with the design, PM and engineering departments in developing new product features. Your main focus will be to provide answers to the most challenging questions in the product’s design, revealing what the consumers need from the business’s products by conducting primary research and exploring consumer behavior and motivations.
You will assist the entire product team in understanding what would ensure that the consumer’s experience with the product feels more intuitive, fun, accessible, and quite possibly, magical.
- Main Priority: Your role as a UX researcher will be to deliver the best possible experience for the users of a product, making it as straightforward to use as possible.
- Collaboration: You'll facilitate engagement and collaboration across various disciplines in the business. In this capacity, your purpose is to ensure that the users’ needs are properly understood, seriously considered, and acted upon.
- User Research: You'll be responsible for spearheading our user research efforts at every stage of the product’s lifecycle -from its conceptualization and prototype validations, all the way to the final product's usability tests.
- Quantitative & Qualitative Research: You'll be designing quantitative and qualitative research approaches for your products. You'll tailor the proposed research approaches in such a way that they address solutions for core issues that regularly come up in individual stages of the product’s lifecycle.
- Knowledge Sharing: You'll be responsible for sharing knowledge in this field with everyone in your team so that everyone understands the importance of it. In this capacity, you'll document and present actionable product research findings to the various team members on your project.
In 1 Month, you'll:
- Start building a rapport with the project team and broader design team
- Perform UX audits in small projects
- Shadow the CDO or a fellow UX Researcher in client meetings
- Own small tasks in the project(s) you’ll be working on
- Learn about the Codelitt Design & UX processes
- Have 1-1 pairing sessions with CDO
In 3 Months, you'll:
- Lead UX meetings and interactions with the client, totally independent or accompanied by (but not second to) the CDO or a senior Product Designer
- Build trust with the client based off on your own skills
- Take more ownership of your project(s), working on bigger tasks
- Be comfortable being more independent and not reliant on others to make UX decisions and move projects along
- Have 1-1 pairing sessions with other UX Researchers
- Actively help shape the Design & UX Department’s processes, identifying any gaps
- Help with content creation
In 6+ Months, you'll:
- Own your tasks, and team and client meetings fully
- Actively participate in the team's Design Show & Tells (DS&Ts)
- Actively help shape the Design and UX Team’s processes
- Mentor other researchers on a 1-1 basis, or via knowledge sharing
- 2+ years proven work experience in UX Research: qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Case studies of completed research projects
- Qualifications in HCI, UX or research methods
- Working knowledge of Figma, ClickUp, FlowMapp, Hotjar, and Google Analytics
- Superb knowledge of product design processes
- Enthusiasm for design and technology
- Experience in Lean Methodology
- Comfortable interviewing users and stakeholders in a personable manner
- Excellent presentation skills, i.e. you excel at presenting your research findings and the reasons behind your design decisions to creatives, strategists and clients
- Excellent phone manner
- Excellent written and oral communication, specifically in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self starter, but able to follow directions
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new project workflows
- Ability to lead more than one project at once
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively collaborate with a team
- A qualification in psychology or user behavior
- Experience working remotely
- Experience using online management tools (Jira, Trello, Miro, etc.)
- Experience writing user stories
- Experience in content creation (blog posts, etc.)
- Experience mentoring others
- Competitive salary based on location and years of experience
- 30 days PTO, plus company-wide holiday break in December
- Flexible sick leave
- Healthcare benefits, including dental and vision (US only)
- Maternity and paternity benefits
- Collaborate and learn from the best and brightest in product development, including design, engineering, and more
- The flexibility to work anywhere you prefer and feel most productive
- Numerous team building events throughout the year
We will be in touch as soon as possible if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Codelitt!
Note: We are not interested in working with recruiters or any agencies (design, engineering, etc.) at this time.