Second Closet is a fully integrated Canadian e-Commerce business logistics and fulfillment partner. We offer cost-effective, technology-first solutions to seamlessly manage and securely store inventory, fulfill e-Commerce orders and deliver best in class customer experiences.
We are makers, crafters, designers and engineers — Our passion is contagious and our roots come from hands-on experiences.
We are looking for a Product Designer experienced in software products with end-to-end product experience. As a Product Designer, you should have 3+ years of experience and have a sense of urgency but would never sacrifice a keen eye for aesthetic, functional and user-friendly design. Our design is solution-oriented with a systematic, long-term mindset. You will be able to work with a handful of applications (both internal and external) that cater to different organizational departments, users and persona. You are also a decision-maker and your decisions are data-driven (qualitative and quantitative). All of us are self starters - we are proactive, and we take ownership of personal and organizational growth.
This position is temporarily remote and is only available to candidates who are in Ontario, Canada.
- Work closely with our senior product designer to develop and expand our product design system
- Consolidate product experience and design across multiple products to deliver consistency
- Specialize in 2-3 of our fulfillment & logistics domains and work closely with product managers and engineers to develop product features and strategy
Who you are:
- Keen eye for detail and trend-leading aesthetics
- Open-minded visionary full of fresh and creative ideas
- Solutions-oriented with a systematic, long-term mindset
- Effective communicator with all levels of stakeholders - you can tell a good story to anyone
- A constant drive for continuous learning and honing your craft
- Research-driven - you constantly draw inspiration from users, competitors, and market trends
- Creative thought leader and high level approach for products including new features and changes
- Confident decision-maker
What you should have:
- Must have 3+ years in end-to-end product experience and in designing B2B/C facing web and mobile applications
- Excellent UX/UI skills, solid lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Ability to develop sustainable design systems experienced with using design systems
- Diverse graphic capabilities is a plus (basic illustration & motion skills)
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Invision, or other highly modern design tools
- Experience with conducting research and user interviews for designing scalable solutions
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with changing needs and able to work independently or within a larger group
We are innovative, goal-oriented, and are always on the search for energetic people who are eager to learn and would like to have a rare opportunity to grow within one of Toronto's fastest growing companies. At Second Closet, you define your own responsibilities and will have a direct impact on product development from both internal and external users.
Our team at Second Closet is full of talented and humble individuals who enjoy working collaboratively within a friendly environment. The engineering squad is a small, tight-knit family with a team driven mind-set. We care about our people and believe in cultivating a healthy work-life balance, and we try not to take ourselves too seriously by having fun and open conversations at our workplace (if you're looking for quality banters, look no further).
There is immense room for growth and upward mobility, and here at Second Closet we will provide you support from the get-go to help you realize your potential. Each member of our team shares a mutual passion for their craft and are in constant pursuit for writing high quality code and developing products that will yield positive client experiences. We embrace all kinds of challenges head-on.
Aside from an amazing company culture, we also offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans for you and your family. We are also located in the heart of downtown.
At Second Closet, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates and supports diversity. We are committed to providing employees an inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.