Splunk is seeking an outstanding UX Intern to join our forward thinking Digital Marketing team! You would be a student enrolled in an HCI, Psychology, UX or relevant major, who is passionate about the various aspects of User Experience or User Interface Design and relevant industry methodologies. You will have the outstanding opportunity to join the very meticulous and insightful UX team! We will connect you to work with highly experienced colleagues to learn and collaborate to craft outstanding user experiences.
This position will report into the Director of UX, Web Marketing.
At Splunk, you will get your chance to put your creative ideas into action in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Intern responsibilities will include the following:
- Build wireframes for various page templates for the website
- Craft user flows, screen flows and system requirements to define the ultimate customer experience
- Build out user scenarios and identify key personas. Additionally, add to our repository of personas.
- Facilitate and support end user research including usability testing, competitive analysis, customer interviews, behavioral insights and analytics to build designs
Assimilate and report out on analytics
- Support and conduct UX activities in Design Sprints
- Craft UX guidelines, usage guidelines and accessibility guidelines for the Splunk.com design system
- Build user interface prototypes to facilitate user research and deliver outcomes for the customer and the business
- Help support Customer Journey mapping and Service mapping activities including outputs and flows
- Collaborate with many team members on UX artifacts and designs
- Present and communicate designs and artifacts to other interns, peers, product marketing, corporate marketing, brand marketing, and executives
- Successfully communicate the UX centered design process and how that applies to UX and project work
- Must be proficient in Figma, or other wireframing tools.
- Interested in the latest web technologies and user experience methodologies and interactions
- Familiarity with analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Hot Jar, etc. a plus
- Background knowledge or interest in Usability Testing and User Centered Design
- Examples of work via a portfolio is required (please send in PDF or URL)
- Must be a current graduate student
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!