As part of a collaborative UX team, the UX Designer - RACE21™ is responsible for three core activities: to design a coherent and attractive experience for the user, taking into account fit with other channels, sketch out the mock ups and make high fidelity wireframes, and lastly create the user testing plan and execute on this, e.g. conducting panels, surveys, interviews, and playing back the results to the lab.
There are multiple positions for UX Designer.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead the user experience and interface efforts for a product team, ensuring the delivery of a quality product
- Create mockups and wire frames for both mobile and web pages that the front-end developer can translate into code
- Produce high quality graphics and visual elements
- Create prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions
- Conduct user experience research and testing through media such as A/B testing, interviews, etc.
- Experience with designing consumer quality products including: mobile, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Experience within industry and knowledge is a plus
- Interest in solving complex, interconnected problems across a range of platforms
- Ability to design clear and creative frames to guide team
- Graphical and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software, e.g. Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure,
- Experience with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping Agile Experience
- Experience working with and contributiong to design systems and pattern libraries
- Solid knowledge and experience with Agile software development
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Sees value in iterative approach to design
- Strong sense of ownership of solution and not afraid to speak up to ensure the user angle is heard by the Product Owner
- Believes in culture of transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset to span across UI design, strategy and testing
- Ability to travel to our sites in British Columbia 10-40% of the time
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.