At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do. Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly, while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate travel, while working with a team with a shared passion of taking the company to the next level. The company is headquartered in Oakland, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, Inc (EHI), the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of EHI while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
Our experience team is growing rapidly and we have an opportunity to build an exceptional research culture. The business travel industry is changing rapidly and great design is no longer optional. Deem’s product designers are responsible for driving our user-centered development approach throughout research, ideation, testing, and execution.
You’ll work with leaders from across Deem to develop a richer understanding of our customers and teach that knowledge to the rest of the company. You’ll not only conduct best-in-class, multi-method research but also influence the strategic direction of the company. Your research will be focused online and offline — travel is very physical experience after all — and will involve varying types of investigation & analysis, including in-depth interviews and usability tests.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, and Marketers to prioritize and execute qualitative research — this is a partnership so you'll incorporate those team members into the process as much as possible
- Develop a process that blends quantitative and qualitative data which tells a full, rich story about our users
- Build excellence and expertise for research across teams — stay up to date with best practices and continually mentor designers & product managers
- Share your findings across the company to create a more empathetic and insightful organization
- Build and maintain a knowledge base that democratizes research findings and affords access to every member of the Deem team
- Actively inform and participate in product decisions from strategy to the finished product (and beyond)
What you will bring to the table:
- 5+ years industry experience
- You understand the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- You believe that research has the greatest impact when tightly coupled with design decisions
- You thrive on interdisciplinary design teams and can ask helpful questions and design thoughtful research at all stages of the product life cycle
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- You thrive in a culture of healthy debate, committed to candid feedback across departments
- You are driven by data
- Ability and illustrate the tactical awareness
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience in survey design and working in a continuous development environment
- Experience working with statistics and experimental design
- Degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Social Science, or a related discipline
Deem Team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.