Senior UX Researcher
In the last nine years, Prodigy Education has grown from 3,000 local users to more than 100 million registered users worldwide. As one of the fastest-growing ed-tech startups in North America with global impact, Prodigy connects students, parents, teachers, and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account for its renowned Math Game and try an effective and engaging math platform for grades 1 to 8. For more information visit www.prodigygame.com, or @ProdigyGame on Twitter.
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- We’re looking to hire a UX Researcher to help better understand our users’ needs, and spread a culture of human-centered, qualitative research throughout the company.
- The successful candidate has experience in defining problems, selecting the appropriate research methods, synthesizing insights, evaluating prototypes and assisting with the building and releasing of projects. You will support multiple teams through the research process and therefore presenting research methods and results will be crucial.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to plan research so we can better understand our users and reveal new opportunities
- Guide research activities to define current customer pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Develop research strategies and manage/prioritize research backlogs based on current priorities
- Moderate workshops, in-person interviews, and remote sessions
- Act as a repository of research-based usability knowledge for the organization
- Facilitate research through collection, analysis and producing insights to lead the team towards user outcomes
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through product discovery
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track the success of projects
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence and guide key stakeholders to better understand
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of UX research experience
- Passion for learning about people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Broad experience in conducting qualitative research with a clear understanding of various qualitative research methodologies
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Ability to create, pitch, and execute generative and evaluative research approaches
- Technically proficient with design research methods, techniques, and tools
- A portfolio of past research case studies that showcase key learnings and how you persuaded internal stakeholders
Our Core Technologies:
Bonus Points For:
- Experience conducting research with children
- Experience conducting remote research
- Experience in education and/or gaming industries
What We Offer:
- A lively work environment - WeWork @Hebbal
- Health benefits
- Gym & Learning Fund
- Flexible work hours
- Snacks & Coffee
- Fun activities
- Team lunches
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education.
If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.