Senior UX Researcher
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
UX Research @ Wealthsimple
At Wealthsimple today, we have a small but mighty UX Research team of four. We’re adaptable generalists who each bring different skills and experiences to our research practice. We are semi-embedded today, meaning we ensure focus by staying on teams as long as we’re needed, but move around the organization onto different teams as organizational priorities shift. We all co-own the practice of UX Research at Wealthsimple, working together to build resources, tools, and culture.
We are leaders within the organization when it comes to diversity & inclusion and put these values at the centre of our work.
About this role
As our next researcher, you will support one of our product teams to better understand their clients and make smarter, more human-centred decisions. You will help the team define strategic direction and work closely with other disciplines to help design the best experience for our clients.
You’ll work with passionate interdisciplinary teams including Product Managers, Product Designers, Content Strategists, Engineers and Data Scientists leading research projects and collaborating on all phases of design from discovery to post-launch evaluation.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Content Strategists to articulate research questions and define testable hypotheses
- Use a range of research methods to answer those questions and evaluate hypotheses
- Synthesize results from research collaboratively and share results with team members in reports and presentations
- Support team members in translating insights from research into actions
- Support teams in building out their roadmaps leveraging research insights
- Work with the UX Research team to define and promote the practice of research across Wealthsimple
- Work with the UX Research team to advance diversity and inclusion both in our product and within our organization
We're looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in a research role, or a UX role executing research
- Has hands-on experience executing on a range of generative and evaluative research methods
- Is an exceptional communicator and has the ability to present insights to different audiences and support in translating insights into actions
- Is a great collaborator and listener and loves to work with others to understand and solve peoples' problems
- Is comfortable navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing research asks across multiple teams
- Has the ability to articulate assumptions and hypotheses and identify the best research methods for a given project
- Takes a creative approach to recruitment and making research happen under tight timelines and constraints
- Takes ownership of projects and is happy to learn on the go
- Is curious and loves to ask lots of questions, especially “why?”
- Has an eye for good design and can participate in critique and creative brainstorming sessions
- Cares deeply about diversity & inclusion and wants to live those values where they work
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.