Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
Geotab is actively seeking a Product Designer to help us continue to design end-to-end experiences across various Geotab applications, such as MyAdmin, MyGeotab, and Geotab Drive. You will have knowledge of product design for responsive web or native mobile applications. You are highly organized and are able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. You are also a strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization. If you love technology, and are keen to join a data driven company — we would love to hear from you!
We have adopted a hybrid working model in response to COVID-19. Eligible candidates must be able to travel to one of our Geotab offices in the following locations: Oakville, ON, Toronto,ON or Waterloo, ON.
What you'll do:
The Product Designer will build an understanding and empathy for customers and users. You will play a key role designing end-to-end solutions across our different product lines. You will work with a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Product Managers, and Developers. You will be responsible for product design and will contribute to the road map and product vision.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Lead research, ideation and creation of our application interactions.
- Partner with UX Research and Data Science team members during design and development to take broad conceptual ideas, understand user needs and lead the design process into actionable designs and prototypes.
- Map out user flows, wireframes and prototypes for user testing, feedback and deployment.
- Dive deep into Customer/User experience to develop deep insights about user behaviours.
- Conduct interviews, and collect feedback from end users and subject matter experts.
- Work with cross functional teams to design, build, and roll-out products that deliver on the Geotab vision and strategy.
- Use Design Principles, as well as existing visual frameworks to produce designs that are visually cohesive with the rest of Geotab's products, with a holistic consideration for the product's future.
- Design web applications using industry best practices and existing visual frameworks.
- Support Geotab's global product strategy initiatives.
- Degree/diploma related to interaction design, digital experience design, human-computer interaction or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Product Design.
- Deep knowledge of product design, including common interaction patterns used and associated trade-offs, and best practices for responsive web applications.
- Experience collaborating closely with product management, engineering and research.
- Proficiency in user interface design and using tools like Figma (this is our primary tool), Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.
- Ability to lead all aspects of the user-centred design process from conception to completion.
- Communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must have the flexibility to adapt to growing technology and market demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.