At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experience, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. From our office in Downtown Toronto, we’ve created leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started.
Why is this role important?
As a Product Designer for Loblaw Media, you will help lead the next frontier of growth and engagement for our business and customers by defining and integrating compelling media and marketing experiences into our platforms. You will be responsible for partnering with your product manager and engineering leads on the Loblaw Media team to help implement media content into our digital grocery platforms and deliver on business and customer objectives. You will aim to define and create best-in-class content and advertising experiences by defining standards around native ads, display, sponsored content experiences, and more. From web and mobile app user experiences to back-end workflow systems for audience management, you will ideate, design, test, and ship industry-leading experiences for our customers and business in this new and growing portfolio.
What you'll do
- Own the end-to-end design process to advocate for our customers’ media journey by designing customer-centric solutions for content, business, and technology needs
- Translate retail, and enterprise needs into customer-focused solutions; create design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and partners
- Frame problems, opportunities and facilitate discussions to help colleagues reach a shared understanding
- You have a strong sense of UI and aesthetics that helps you create compelling, visual user interfaces. You have experience translating brand guidelines into digital form
- Your interaction design skills are based on a strong grasp of the interplay among words, visuals, space, time, and behaviours of digital user interfaces
- Collaborate with your design colleagues to design and conduct usability tests on your design ideas, as well as use the findings to refine your ideas
- Design and conduct generative research, when appropriate, to deepen our understanding of our customers’ needs and identify value proposition opportunities
- Create all required design artifacts for front-end devs to implement
- Track the performance of designs post-launch and continue to optimize based on data
- Partner with the customer growth team to create experiments that help us learn and execute quickly whilst acquiring new customers an iterative manner
Does this sound look like?
- Customer-focused – We measure our success in terms of our customers’ satisfaction and delight with every part of the experience we offer. We serve all Canadians, and their needs are not homogeneous; your challenge is to find ways to understand and meet those needs.
- Collaborative – You value everyone’s perspectives (colleagues, customers), and one of your most powerful design skills is facilitation to help everyone understand the full context of a problem, opportunity, or solution and come to a shared understanding.
- Outcomes-focused – At Loblaw Digital, customer and business outcomes are everyone’s responsibility. You’re a systems thinker who can think beyond screen design to understand how our customers’ and our business’ broader context inter-connect and influence user experience design decisions.
- Hypothesis driven – You love the problem, not your solutions. Your design practice is grounded in the acknowledgement that every solution is a hypothesis built on assumptions and that those hypotheses and assumptions need to be tested and validated.
- Research and data-informed – You’re experienced with how to leverage the power of research and data to identify problems, opportunities, and solutions. You know when to ask for the right type of data and when it’s necessary to do primary research. You understand how to work with a broad range of data sources ranging from business intelligence, sales data, web analytics data, quantitative consumer research, qualitative customer feedback, usability testing results, generative customer research, algorithms, content models, etc. Because you understand what types of insights each of these different data sources can provide, you know what type of data to ask for, as well as how to organize, interpret, and use that data to make strategic design decisions.
- Self-managed – You understand the design process well enough to be able to proactively plan and scope your work effort in order to collaborate with product managers and developers to sequence your work.
- 3+ years experience in designing digital advertising solutions for an e-Commerce or Publisher company.
- An understanding of how media is bought and sold, as well as industry standards (e.g. IAB) and best practices is preferred.
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce.
You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.