Associate Product Designer
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for an Associate Product Designer to conceptualize and design new products for our end users and staff. As an essential member of our product team, you’ll work closely with product managers and engineers to create the next generation of content and advertising products for G/O Media. We are looking for a passionate designer who can seamlessly translate product requirements into viable designs that work across mobile devices and desktop browsers. You thrive in a fast paced agile environment, are passionate about user-centric design and also understand the needs of the business. You can synthesize a diverse set of needs and problems into a design framework that results in a powerful presentation to end users and advertisers alike.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the design, product and engineering teams to create and implement new UI and digital media designs and updates, and make suggestions to improve user experience, performance, and quality
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time and to spec from wireframes to live applications
- QA work on all standard devices and browsers and assist the team in general testing
- Participate in brain storm and ideation sessions
- Exploration of new technologies/industry trends and technical innovation
- 2+ years of web design and development experience
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Able to create and work from wireframes, visual concepts
- Mobile UI and layout styling/building experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of web standards
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of work
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.