Lead User Experience Researcher
At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Financial District and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
Design at Returnly
The Design and User Experience team at Returnly is currently expanding. We’re a small but growing team, looking to establish the foundations of a strong UX function. We believe those foundations include expanding beyond Product Design to include UX Writing, Research and Brand Design. This is an opportunity to join a growing team as the first UX Researcher to establish the function, collaborating closely with the Head of Design, while creating new and effective ways of working across the organization.
About the role
Returnly is seeking a talented and curiosity-driven individual to lead our User Experience Research efforts as part of our product and design team. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can partner with the Head of Design to help establish a UXR function to better understand the needs, behaviors, and desires of shoppers and merchants alike to deliver the best Return process possible. The ideal candidate has experience supporting or leading research for direct to consumer e-commerce platforms.
- Establish a research vision, set of standards and methodologies for Returnly to support both long-term strategic research as well as short-term tactical research and testing.
- Establish a research and culture of curiosity. Find creative and compelling ways to present and evangelize the insights throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic user-centric organization.
- Manage research projects end-to-end: gather requirements, develop guides and screeners, recruit, moderate, analyze, synthesize and communicate insights.
- Empower research throughout the organization by training cross-functional leads (PMs, Design and Engineering Leads) on foundational research and testing methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with analytics and other insights functions to craft 360 research projects, using the best methodologies across platforms to tell the complete consumer story.
- Establish a research library capturing and documenting a body of knowledge around shopper and merchant behaviors.
- Help shape the Design and Research culture at Returnly, influence the way we work, and participate in the hiring process for new talent.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree background.
- Experience conducting a wide breadth of user research techniques across profiling, participatory, inquiry, testing, and inspection methodologies.
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- 5+ years experience conducting research within product organizations, preferably with direct to consumer e-commerce platforms.
- Experience working as a part of a Product Design organization, comfortable participating in design critiques, reviews, and pushing designers to think with a user-centric mindset.
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders , with the ability to educate teams about user research
* Diversity. We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission.
* Openness and empathy. We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other.
* Integrity. We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves - in that order.
* Team. EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
* Commitment. We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.