Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Designer to join our UX organization. This person will design the end-to-end experience for developers building international applications on top of Twilio!
In this role, you will work alongside multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that enable regionality at all touchpoints of the customer journey. This includes web Console, APIs, docs, helper libraries, and more!
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System. They will be partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs. The portfolio should demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a proven advocacy for design and research methodologies. Has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Designer on the Global International team, you will live our Magic Values, and be able to:
- Be an Owner: Advance the user experience for platform-wide international capabilities implemented across many products and teams.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Write it Down: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with partners on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific approach - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at different stages of the process. Proactively invite diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. The UX organization plays a critical role in designing the experience that enables our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers and researchers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio’s Global International team is focused on the international expansion of the Twilio Platform. Our team works with every product team at Twilio to bring international experiences and capabilities across the Twilio product line. Day to day, you will work with a growing, focused, high performing team of product managers, designers, and architects. You will also work with designers and product managers across the organization to implement your design guidance. International Twilio is in demand by our biggest customers, you will work on high impact and high visibility projects and have the autonomy to craft a vision and the support to see it come to fruition.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are a team that believes in remote working and remote-friendly practices, and we are distributed across three continents. This position may be located out of our Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77, or elsewhere in the EU or US, as either a remote position or (post-COVID) in one of Twilio's offices worldwide.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.