Senior UX designer
We are growing fast and looking for a senior UX designer to join our team.
Do you want to disrupt and change one of the largest and most conservative industries in the world? Do you want to be part of our development department to support our company and help us grow to the next level? And do you want the effects of your work directly being implemented in our online platform? Read more below or apply via the “apply for this job” button!
Shypple makes shipping simple. We offer companies an easy-to-use web-application that acts as a centralised dashboard providing real-time visibility on every aspect of their supply chain. It foresees a variety of booking, planning, delivery and communication possibilities. As a digital service provider we bring ease, accountability and efficiency to logistics while lowering hassle, communication and costs. We believe the solution behind disrupting a traditional industry is a perfect combination of a smart developed system and a high-quality customer experience.
Your role as UX Designer
As UX designer you make everything that has to do with global shipping understandable, insightful and even fun for all our customers around the globe. The global supply chain is large and complex. To support the full chain the Shypple platform is growing fast. New features are added constantly and the audience and scope of the product are broadening. As a UX designer, you’re at the center of the experience for our users. Your responsibility is to ensure that our platform remains accessible and intuitive for both new- and experienced users, guiding them on global collaboration in logistics.
We expect you to take responsibility for defining our UX vision and the subsequent strategy to achieve this vision. You will align the strategy with expected business outcomes and ensure that we constantly measure the effect of our UX changes. You will lead this and work closely together with our other UX designer. With this in your back pocket you will take part in our project initiatives and work closely with our development teams to design features. You will be in close contact with both our internal- and external users to ensure whatever we do is user centric. You are the user’s advocate and make sure that their needs are heard. All to create an awesome user experience for our users!
- Shape- and communicate the Shypple design strategy and vision.
- Facilitate creative sessions with stakeholders.
- Give the users a voice by creating journeys, persona’s, etc.
- Contribute to user stories to support the product development.
- Hands-on designing components and new features.
- Validating designs with users and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in senior UX design roles for online experiences.
- Demonstrable experience in taking ownership for user centric UX vision and strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, being able to work with users, business stakeholders and the development team.
- Being able to critically question your own and others’ data and results.
- You demonstrate a creative, solution-driven getting things done mindset.
- Communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- A great working environment with a team of talented developers who work together for extraordinary success.
- A competitive salary.
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. 25 vacation days, the possibility to work remote abroad one week a year, a high-end laptop, pension contribution, employee stock option plan).
- The opportunity to be a part of a great adventure where you can grow, develop and get the best out of yourself, including a yearly budget for personal development.
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam with a sunny roof terrace.
"The Shypple way" is increasingly creating interest in the national and international press (Quote, Supply Chain Magazine, Payoneer, Wired) and radio (BNR). The magnificent growth is also recognized by various nominations: Sprout - Startup of the year, EU-Startups - Dutch Startups to Watch in 2019 and Sprout - Challenger50 in 2020.
You can apply before February 12, 2021 by clicking on the ‘’apply for this job’’ button on our website. You will hear from us within one week. If you get selected for the 1st round, we will explain the next steps of our recruitment process.
If you have any specific questions related to this vacancy, please contact Naomi - our Talent Acquisition Specialist - via email@example.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes.