HealthMatch is building something great - a way for patients and people around the world to access tomorrow’s treatments, today. To make this happen, we need to build incredible products that support intuitive experiences, solving real problems at the intersection of healthcare, patient needs and technology.
Welcome to HealthMatch!
At HealthMatch, we’re on a mission to accelerate medical research by putting patients at the heart of the drug development process. We’re starting by transforming the way they connect with clinical trials; bringing a patient- and digital-first approach that makes it faster and easier to access innovative therapies and life-saving medications than has ever been possible before.
80% of clinical trials are delayed because they can’t find the patients to help; and patients don’t know how to engage with them. We’re closing that gap, using our in-house technology to match the right patients with the right trials as seamlessly as possible.
2020 has been a big year for us. Amidst everything else, HealthMatch has grown from a team of 5 to 20; from 8,000 to 80,000 users; and connected them to over 2,000 clinical trials. To cap it all off, we completed our $18m Series B capital raise with the backing of Square Peg Capital (one of Australia’s most successful VC funds) and a long list of other prominent investors and partners. Many of them have been building with us from the beginning, and we are delighted to begin 2021 with their continued support.
We can't wait to meet you!
Everyone on our team is driven by our mission to accelerate medical research. Everything we do challenges long-established processes and ways of working - we are most excited about meeting people who share our focus on the patient and are unafraid of the challenges we will encounter as we work to transform an industry. Your experience will get you an interview, your passion and drive will get you on the team.
To be effective as a Product Designer, we think you’ll need a few things:
- At least 5 years of experience in product and user experience design in an agile environment, preferably in the healthcare sector and/or in a high-growth context
- A portfolio of user flows and wireframes that showcase the depth of your design experience and ability to simplify user interactions
- A knack for visual communication that shows up in prototypes to test with users
- Experience with the tools we already know (e.g. Adobe XD, Miro) and suggestions for others we should be trying
- A natural disposition towards big-picture thinking meaning you take care with the details but always keep the end user at the heart of what you create
- Strong communication skills to enable you to work in a cross-functional team at pace
- A focus on human and value-centered design - ensuring that each decision maximises outcomes for patients and HealthMatch
- An appreciation for data - where it comes from, how it is structured/stored, and what it can be used for
Let's build something great together!
You’ll be the first Product Designer in the Product team, responsible for designing, developing and owning the products that maximise value from HealthMatch’s assets. Our Product Designers will be highly specialised with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry and a strong connection with our mission. You’ll need to bring creativity to solve the complex challenges that exist across the clinical trial landscape, and have a unique opportunity to set the team up for the future with the best tools and ways of working.
We want you to shape this role with us - but until then, we expect you’ll be working on:
- Building new and enriching existing user interfaces to onboard new users and support those already on the HealthMatch platform
- Familiarising yourself with and contributing to our product roadmap
- Engaging with our existing and prospective patients to understand and advocate for their needs
- Collaborating with Engineering to ensure they are supported in executing UX/UI design choices
- Developing new product concepts that reinforce established and nascent relationships and value proposition
We are a dynamic team and you may be called upon to contribute to and learn from the wider business from time to time.
- This is a full-time role based in the HealthMatch Sydney office.
- HealthMatch is a well-funded early stage company - this means we are able to offer competitive compensation which includes base salary, superannuation and ESOP.
We're also pleased to offer benefits that make it more fun to be at work:
- A new office with all the modern conveniences (there’s food and drink too!)
- Weekly team social events
- Ability to work at a founder-led company with access to senior management
- A rapidly growing list of other goodies (that you can help us to shape!)