Senior Product Designer
We are a cross-disciplinary team of Health Care, Technology, and Medical experts with several exits (IPOs and Acquisitions) in the past. We are a Series A startup funded by top tier investors. We are currently in stealth-mode and will be launching publicly soon!
Work with purpose. Join us in empowering consumers with better information and service so they can make the best health and care choices for themselves.
Join a world-class founding team with several IPOs and Acquisitions in their past.
Be an early part of our founding product team to shape our product strategy, experience and culture.
The United States spends twice as much as the average OECD country on health care but has the lowest life expectancy and one of the highest hospitalization rates among these countries. Over the past 50 years, health care costs have grown much faster than inflation even as consumer satisfaction with the health insurance and hospital industry continues to remain low.
We believe that Health care needs to be redesigned as a consumer-centric service. Like every other industry, we believe that empowering members with accurate and accessible information about care, quality, and pricing will drive the most optimal choices.
About this role
Health care is a complex ecosystem. We work with employers (our clients), employees (our members), doctors (our service providers), insurance companies, and many other partners (e.g. urgent care clinics) to deliver care to our members. We are redesigning this experience to be frictionless and fully integrated, so you can make reservations, talk to a doctor, get your medication, etc. with a tap on your App.
In this role, you will...
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll partner with Product and Engineering teams to create delightful, effortless experiences for our users. You'll shape our products by understanding our users' needs and translating them into intuitive designs, validating them frequently during their path from concept to polished product. If you constantly analyze and obsess over other product’s experiences—we’d like to hear from you!
This position will report to our Design Lead, and has the opportunity to work remotely. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design and validate new experiences via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other UX artifacts for our cloud-based applications
- Build concepts and high fidelity interactive prototypes to help guide the future direction of the experience
- Frequently conduct discovery research and usability tests
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile software product development teams that include Product Managers and Engineers to determine feasibility and align to the product’s strategy
- Cultivate optimistic outlooks, promote a positive culture within your teams, and overcome challenges through endurance, grit, and persistenceIncorporate well-crafted visual design and can leverage and contribute to a design system
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, a related area of study is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing world-class apps with a strong portfolio of design work
- Strong aptitude for performing and synthesizing research, including contextual inquiry
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting designs and articulating design decisions to both cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency in leading design software such as Figma, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in leading prototyping softwares such as Principle, Framer, Finto, etc
- Extreme ownership, bias to action, and know-how to succeed in ambiguity
- Ability to design as a team, exploring and promoting new ideas, especially those that aren’t your own
- You’re self-aware and lead from a place of empathy
- Excellent visual design skills, typography, layout, and color usage
You must be authorized to work in the United States. We slightly prefer candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, but are open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!