CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, CoinDesk is a rapidly growing company with incredible ambitions. Its journalism, research, events, and soon to launch CoinDesk TV provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them. Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 85 full-time employees worldwide and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain technology industry. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, innovative, forward-thinking and also, fun humans.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our teams include designers, researchers, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work with collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches millions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to our philosophy: "Focus on the user, and all else will follow."
As a User Experience Researcher / Designer, you'll help your team of product designers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You'll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. You'll work with stakeholders across functions and levels and impact all stages of product development. You'll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as user interviews, participatory workshops, surveys, and usability testing.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- You are very well versed in design and UX software (e.g., Figma, Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Lucidchart)
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- 3 + years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through usability testing, surveys, benchmark studies, analytics, and A/B testing.
- Work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.