UX Design Internship
Internships at OppLoans
At OppLoans, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13 departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship, and our 2021 internship program will be conducted in a fully virtual capacity.
The Product team leads with a “Customer First” perspective by always putting the end user experience first in all scenarios. This team works with departments across the company to suggest and implement new strategies and tools to improve customer experience and increase efficiency for internal and external users. Product helps develop ideas through the product development lifecycle including design, development, testing, productization and launch.
- Work with departments across the company to develop and test ideas.
- Lead with a “Customer First” perspective by having a deep understanding of our product specifications and user psychology.
- Create personas through user research studies and quantitative data.
- Add to our mission of being socially responsible by crafting experiences that improve the financial lives of our customers.
- Have creative freedom when developing wireframes and prototypes.
- Articulate your design ideas to key stakeholders and engineers.
- Graduating in June 2022 or earlier.
- Proficiency with design software (Adobe, Sketch, etc.)
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study (Engineering/Human Computer Interaction/Psychology/Design) Master’s degree is a plus.
- U.S.-based. (Chicago candidates preferred.)
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at email@example.com.