Senior UX Writer
Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019. We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
About the role
As a Senior UX Writer, you’ll partner closely with designers and product managers to build and ship creative solutions and experiences to customers running small businesses all over the world. You’ll design workflows, interactions, prototypes, and visuals that are thoughtful and practical, leading to a direct impact on Podium, our customers, and their customers.
What you will do
- Write clear and concise content, including product names, labels and navigational elements, in-app announcements, emails, and onboarding, to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms.
- Define the content strategy for a given product and offer impactful solutions from research and development to launch.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the product voice and tone within style standards, documenting best practices and strategy principles.
- Gather feedback from peers and users to elevate your content solutions.
- You have 5+ years of experience in content strategy and/or product writing.
- You have exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including the ability to write for a range of voices and styles (web copywriting or technical writing preferred).
- You have experience working in product design organizations with designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists to develop strategy around new features and product direction.
- You have a portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate the various types of content you’ve created (e.g., long form, UX writing, email, documentation, etc)
- A positive, diverse, and supportive culture, ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2019.
- Flexibility to work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.