Senior Product Designer
Founded in 2018 by co-founders Ashley Mills and Mark Mullett, obé Fitness is the first live and on demand fitness platform of its kind. With more than 22 live classes per day, and a library of 5,000+ workouts taught by the most sought-after instructors, obé’s signature 28-minute complete-body workouts make fitness accessible, affordable, efficient, varied and fun.
We are currently building a world class team of passionate experts who come to work, grow, interact, and collaborate. We’re looking for individuals that have the desire to innovate everyday at a brand obsessed, customer focused, mission driven and best in class fitness lifestyle platform.
obé is seeking a Senior Product Designer to help define, in detail, “how” features on our digital products such as obé’s website and mobile apps, and how they are interacted with by our user and deliver final “pixel perfect” designs.
This role is focused on designing for new features (from an overall product strategy and roadmap) defined by the product manager. The Product Designer must think in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes. They should be comfortable with an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing and rapid iteration. They should be self-motivated, super organized, always open to feedback and critique, and extremely collaborative.
The Sr. Product Designer works directly with the product managers, engineers, and quality assurance team members to deliver a consistent experience across all platforms to deliver the final design for implementation.
Note: Along with your resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of obé’s product UX across platforms and ensure any future iterations are executed with reverence for a cohesive experience.
- Understand customer needs, business needs, work closely and collaboratively with designers and product managers in determining opportunities, hypotheses and solution ideas.
- Create detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements and communicate UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Prototype user experiences and run tests with end-users.
- Define the user experience and visual design of your solutions, that are effective, usable, simple, and desirable for our members, from conception through shipping and continuous iterations.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from stakeholders or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- QA developed features for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- At least 5 years of experience in UX/UI design at a consumer-focused technology company.
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals.
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience working closely with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Understands interaction design fundamentals and UI design best practices.
- Understands what is possible in modern native apps (iOS and Android) and web development; and the design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
- Has experience conducting and coordinating remote- and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings.
- Has experience using prototyping and user testing practices to understand the usability of concepts and to learn and iterate on the design.
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision
- FSA and commuter
- 401K plan
- Newly renovated office in Dumbo*
- Free obe Fitness membership!
*Our corporate team is working remotely until it’s safe to return to the office