At 3D Hubs we are building tools that take the outdated process of sourcing custom-made parts into the 21st century, allowing more than 20,000 companies to bring their products to market faster than ever before. Our distributed network of suppliers provides engineers and designers with instant access to cutting edge technologies like 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection moulding.
Design is an essential part of the 3D Hubs culture. We believe that it is one of the key elements that sets us apart from the competition. We aim to build a user experience that turns our customers into engineering superheroes. As our first Content Designer, you will lay the groundwork of our content strategy. You will collaborate closely with a bunch of passionate designers to shape engaging interactions and build trust with our engineer customers.
Sound like you? Hit 'Apply Now below'!
What you'll do:
- Work closely with your design team and other product owners to define, write, test, iterate product features across our platform.
- Establish a baseline for content strategy. Develop a content design perspective throughout the platform in order to build a consistent dialog with our users in alignment with their needs.
- Iterate as much as needed on the existing product to align the content of new and existing features.
- Fully own research and copy testing (we are working with Phraseapp).
- Create, maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines.
- Be the voice of our engineer customers: help them feel understood and empowered through a seamless, user-centred experience.
What it takes:
- Strong writing and editing skills - being a fluent english speaker is a requirement.
- 2+ years’ experience writing and designing content for web or mobile services in the UK and US markets.
- Knowledge of UX design principles and interaction patterns.
- Familiar with content tooling and/or front-end programming.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the manufacturing industry is a plus.
Why 3D Hubs?
- Opportunity to make impact from day one in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth as we scale!
- Diverse, international team of 140+ people from (30+ nationalities) growing to 200+ in the next 12-18 months
- Generous company wide Incentive plan
- Everyone's a student and teacher with our Tech hub, hacks and innovation sprints
- Makers space with all you want 3D Printing in house
- Free access to Headspace meditation app
- Stay fit and sign up to ClassPass and join colleagues who run, climb, cross fit
- Incredible office views in the Houthavens, In - house Italian chef (50% vegetarian) with an open doggo policy for essential workers / for remote/hybrid access to all the delicious recipes or join some of the online cooking classes
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
Our recruitment process
- Our recruiter will have a quick chat to make sure the role is what you think it is, learn more about you and your career ambitions and cover our interview process and next step
- Then we'll schedule a chat with one of our designers to learn more about how we do things
- After that, we'll have an assignment to cover your design skills. The assessment involves a take-home assignment
- Finally, you'll have a short talk with one of our cultural ambassadors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
About 3D Hubs
3D Hubs is an online manufacturing platform that provides engineers with on-demand access to a global network of manufacturing services. Users can easily upload their design, instantly receive a quote, and start production at the click of a button. Founded in Amsterdam in 2013, 3D Hubs has raised over US$30 million and produced more than 6 million parts, using various manufacturing technologies, including CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding and sheet metal fabrication