A UX Designer at Xometry solve problems. They work together to address user needs and balance them with business objectives. Their knowledge of different methods of design and user research help guide their decision-making. UX designers perform both strategic and tactical roles within their cross-functional squads. They are comfortable taking broad direction and breaking it down into concrete steps to achieve their goals.
Design at Xometry starts with UX designers working closely with Product Managers to build a shared understanding of the user’s problem. They partner with Engineers to understand the technical context, challenges, and opportunities for designing a product at scale. They push their concepts to the edge of what’s possible and iterate into what’s feasible. They gather feedback and critique early and often. They evaluate their ideas and assumptions with real users.
Within the agile development process, UX designers think iteratively towards a broader outcome. They gather feedback, propose solutions, evaluate decisions, and adjust quickly to new information. They regularly have conversations with users, stakeholders, Product Managers, and Engineers to create a shared understanding and work collaboratively toward solutions. They are comfortable designing enough to push the conversation forward and use their toolkit of design methods to document proposed solutions.
The ideal candidate understands that it takes a village to drive innovation and address the challenges that people face in manufacturing.
What You'll Do
- Designing and evaluating solutions to real user needs and business objectives.
- Working closely with product managers and developers in a cross-functional group focused on an area of our product.
- Maintaining a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of Xometry’s key user groups through different UX research methods.
- Prototyping features with user flows, wireframes, and high fidelity designs.
- Evaluating your design with users. Using different user testing methods to hone in on the right solutions for our customers.
- Working closely with other designers and developers to improve and maintain design consistency across other product areas.
- Communicating regularly throughout the design process. Designers are proactive about gathering feedback early and often from stakeholders and domain members.
What We're Looking For
- Strong communication skills. You are a strong advocate for the power of design thinking. You can effectively describe your approach and your decision-making to stakeholders, engineers, and other designers.
- 3+ years of design experience working in a UX team.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment (knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is a plus). You know how to work with other disciplines to drive the right outcomes for our users and the business.
- A portfolio that effectively showcases your decision-making and experience designing products for the web.
What You'll Enjoy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and company match
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.