User Experience Design Intern
UX @ Guidewire
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the insurance industry. We’re committed to building an inclusive workspace that embraces people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and talents.
Our team tackles a variety of domains within Property and Casualty insurance, from building and managing continuous integrations for various cloud products to claims to big data and analytics. We consider design a team sport where, together with our colleagues, we strategically solve for business realities and execute on innovative and scalable solutions for both enterprise and customer facing applications.
Why Join Guidewire UX?
- You will be involved in fast paced and challenging design projects for insurance software which supports global insurance carriers throughout the world. (With high visibility both internally and externally to customers) Your work environment will be creative, dynamic and your design work will have reach and impact on a scale to some of the world’s largest insurers and their users.
- You will be involved in design projects for a cloud platform that supports the global development process of insurance software.
- As an Intern, you will be working directly with members of the design team and other stakeholders.
- You will have the opportunity to learn our design system and to uncover business requirements to design enterprise solutions.
- You will work with our global team on specific enterprise design challenges.
- Participate in conversations with a diverse group of stakeholders and provide a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Is familiar with design thinking, lean and agile approaches to creating software, and brings a commitment to learn and improve.
- You have good writing and presentation skills .
- You have an interest in cloud platforms and applications, complex software products
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Interaction or other HCI Design-related field.
- Postgraduate Studies: UX & Product Design, or undergraduate or master’s degree in Industrial Design, Visual Communication Proven experience designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design tools and research methods. (Tools: Sktech and Invision).
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
How we work @ Guidewire:
Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
· Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
· Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mindset, who are passionate about advancing our discipline through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
· Humility: We leverage our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.