Senior UX Designer
Ad Hoc Team
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on February 26, 2021.
Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
As a Senior Designer on the Capabilities team, you will make a direct contribution to our goal of enabling more agencies to deliver effective digital services. As a member of the Capabilities Team, you will have responsibility to work across the company to discover and deliver capabilities that differentiate Ad Hoc, enable our teams to deliver exceptional solutions, and empower government to better serve people.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Discovery artifacts
- Sketches and rough prototypes
- UX flows
- High fidelity prototypes
- Design library contributions
- Business development materials
- Homework and portfolio reviews
- Participation in panel interviews
What You'll Bring
- getting information from stakeholders
Facilitation related to research of and for our users
- Design skill mastery
- Literacy, or a solid understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Collaboration with others
- Owning the full life cycle of a problem
- Knowing what steps to do when
- Great attention to detail
- Defining goals for the discovery process
- Ability to synthesize and interpret information
- Ability to analyze design quality
- Ability to present and facilitate a design critique
Systems level thinking
- Analysis of a design system as a whole, and the development of new patterns
HTML / CSS prototypes
- Provides direct and impactful feedback in program team critiques and engages peers in their work.
- Seeks out feedback from other designers to grow their own skills.
- Low-fidelity wireframes using collaborative tools
- Process maps, journey maps
High fidelity prototypes
- Prototypes that showcase visual design elements, built in a tool such as Sketch. Can also include other visual artifacts including style tiles, mood boards etc.
Experience in visual design and brand artifacts
Design library contribution experience
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
n application or reach out to email@example.com for further details.