Senior Product Designer
Gallery Media Group
Gallery Media Group is a rapidly growing digital media company that includes women’s lifestyle brand, PureWow, which is dedicated to making a woman’s life more beautiful, manageable, and efficient; ONE37pm, a men’s lifestyle brand at the intersection of culture, style, music and sports, seen through the lens of entrepreneurship; and a collection of premium podcast shows that includes Mom Brain, The BrownPrint, Card Talk, The CMO Podcast with Jim Stengel and more.
Our mission is to “make positivity louder.”
The Senior Product Designer is responsible for leading and executing product design experiences end-to-end across all of Gallery Media Group’s platforms, with a focus on GMG’s websites and email platforms. They will collaborate with a passionate team of multidisciplinary designers, product managers, engineers, and editors to conceptualize, design, prototype, and iterate on new products. Most importantly, they are excited about Gallery Media Group and the rapidly changing digital media landscape.
Our ideal candidate must be extremely organized, a clear communicator, and confident in their product design skills.
- Lead the design and execution of products across various platforms
- Work closely with product managers to set up a vision for user experiences
- Stay educated on “who” the user is across all of GMG’s products and the overall experience a user might take across those products
- Work to understand the goals of each department, and the company, to ensure the best design solutions
- Develop and maintain a well defined design system
- Up-to-date on competitors and other innovative, digital experiences, and able to provide those findings to the larger team
- Rapidly produce multiple prototypes to deliver holistic, end-to-end experiences for users
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary designers (product, social, motion, etc) to brainstorm ways of enriching each brands visual language across platforms
- Lead, mentor and inspire the design team to understand UX/UI best practices
- Provide insights in meetings with all teams (edit, engineering, product, and sales) by educating others on the product design process to find the most efficient solution
- Lead the art direction for all new sales decks while working closely with the sales and editorial teams
- Lead large scale design projects, while also hands-on and executor of new creative and design ideas.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Advanced proficiency with design programs and prototyping tools (adobe Suite, Sketch Invision, Figma, etc..)
- Knowledgeable in CSS/HTML
- Strong sense of visual design, typography, user experience, art direction.
- Resourceful, a creative problem solver, and has strong attention to detail
- Experience using analytics and user research to help make design decisions
- Passionate about UI/UX trends and technology
- Comfortable leading large-scale projects and website redesigns.
- Experience directing brand, visual, and user experience across the web and various platforms
- An eagerness to work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers. Can provide mentorship to junior designers.
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about digital media, art direction, social media, and pop culture
Location: New York
Compensation: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation.