As a Designer at Kaia, your main responsibility is to drive the product design process through its different iterative stages. Thereby, you work in close collaboration with our product teams, product managers and stakeholders to thoroughly understand the underlying problem, opportunity and solution spaces and to inform your design work respectively. You will work directly on Kaia’s design direction for mobile and web, guide the product teams towards effective and stimulating product solutions, and level up our processes in an environment that values and understands good UX research and design. This position reports directly to the head of user experience and chief design officer.
In summary, you will:
• Shape the product strategy together with our product managers and drive its implementation in collaboration with our cross-functional product teams.
• Drive the iterative design process of product features from end-to-end, incl. ideation, sketching, low- & high fidelity prototyping, user testing, and final UI design.
• Make human-centered design decisions informed by data, brand positioning, and user research.
• Bring consistency of visual language to all our platforms and products while considering the specificity of the environment.
• Research and observe the impact of your work in the real world, and use that input to constantly improve our products. help to establish a user-centered design culture within the company.
• You have strong experience working along iterative design processes in a fast-paced environment.
• You enjoy collaborating and working in a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team.
• You know how to effectively collaborate with UX researchers to transform user insights into product features/concepts that facilitate delightful user experiences.
• You are able to take effective short-cuts to help the team launch MVPs quickly, and test hypotheses to inform further iterations.
• You know how to effectively collaborate other design roles (illustrators, content creators, copy writers, etc) towards an all-comprehensive user experience.
• You have an impressive portfolio showcasing both conceptual interaction design work as well as a clear understanding of typography, simplicity and visual design.
• You are skilled in cross-platform design matters (iOS, Android, Web, email).
• You have very good English skills with an ability to articulate in both written and spoken language.
Ideally you also have:
• Expert understanding of Figma, or similar design tools (Sketch/Zeplin, etc.)
• An understanding of the healthcare industry and being exposed to medical regulations.
• Experience with Health Tech, Motion Tracking and/or AI.
• Additional skills in illustrations, video/audio editing, front-end development, animation, photography or icon design.
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
• Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
• Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
• Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
• Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
• Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)