Senior UX Designer
At Harvest, we elevate innovation across the Canadian Prairies. We’re a team of world-class builders, operators, and investors who have started companies from a napkin, grown to millions of users, raised capital, and successfully scaled companies towards exit.
We harvest talent within businesses and take them up a notch for that it factor. We nurture strategy with collaboration to deliver tailored experiences with real results and growth for the companies and communities we co-build with.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join their team in Calgary.
They are looking for someone who likes solving interesting problems with a team. You love to get at the root of a problem and work with others to create great outcomes and have a strong desire to learn. You aren’t afraid to take the risks and have the hard conversations needed to inspire others to action and results.
You can speak to design best-practices, understand that starting is as important as finishing, know the difference between simple and easy, and know the advantages and trade-offs of building great relationships and generating results.
You can empathize with people and see where they are coming from and what frustrates them along the way in getting their jobs done. You care about details and care about what makes a difference in a user’s experience. You also know the key to understanding what makes a difference is testing continuously.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in the discovery and planning of new products and features while helping drive the design vision across our product suite.
- Identify usability challenges or risks for needs we wish to solve for our users.
- Ideate and rapidly develop user solutions that help our users meet their needs.
- Test quickly and continuously for usability and solution value (desirability) with our users.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centric designs.
- Develop and communicate an understanding of users through user research with user personas and journeys for identifying why users are doing things, what opportunities exist with users, friction points, and pain points.
- Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience.
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides.
- Work closely with other product specialists and product managers.
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience creating wireframes, clickable prototypes, and design specs
- Extensive experience working on modern and complex web experience.
- Skilled at designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, UXPin, or similar.
- Deep understanding of research to gather customer needs / requirements / feedback.
- Extensive experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed.
What will help you succeed:
- Experience creating designs for both enterprise and consumer products.
- Strengths in interaction design and user research with a good eye for visuals.
- Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
- Knowledge about design principles and design process.
- Experience acquiring user data at different stages of the projects including the early stage.
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute designs that are strategic in nature.
At Harvest, you have the chance to work with industry portfolios that position Canada as a global leader of innovation. We believe the Prairies are a great place to live and work for generations to come. Share your bright ideas and work in an open, dynamic environment. Join our rapidly growing network and gain real hands-on experience that shapes the next generation of business.
About applying with Harvest:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, the People Team at Harvest may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.
Harvest Builders is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.