Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population.
Our mission at Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
As a UX/UI Product Designer at Iron Ox, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of automated farming with robots. You’ll lead the design vision and own the interfaces between our intelligent greenhouse solutions and the people who interact with them. As the first designer on a growing Product Team, you’ll influence how we do design at Iron Ox.
This is a unique service design challenge to create designs that will be used by multiple organizations (Operations, Plant Scientists, Quality Assurance, Engineering, etc) and across hardware and software systems.
What You'll Do
- Lead UX/UI design and implementation for our automated and intelligent greenhouse solutions to schedule, monitor, and execute farm operations
- Research and understand the user experience with our farming systems and empathize with our Plant Science and Production Operations staff to help prioritize what we work on
- Design thoughtful tools that enable positive interactions between our team and our robots
- Participate on an agile software development team to iteratively improve our greenhouse robotics and automation systems
- Prioritize, plan and deliver designs on time and help the rest of the team to ship products and features
- Effectively communicate design ideas and concepts to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Lead and influence our internal design language and design culture within Iron Ox
- Create dashboards for visualizing farm performance and diagnostic tools for troubleshooting robots
- Influence how we visualize, control, and manage plants and robots in our greenhouses.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or similar
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience in UX/UI design
- Ability to create designs that are feasible to implement
- Experience collaborating with engineers to push for change resulting in meaningful solutions
- Understanding of the big picture, but also caring about the micro-details of user experience
- Self-organization, research-driven approach, and an eagerness to communicate with the team to fully understand how our products work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Ability to occasionally commute to our farm in Gilroy, CA
- Experience designing user interfaces for internal enterprise tools
- Experience designing UIs for hardware or robotics applications
- Experience with hardware industrial design, interior design, and/or internal brand design
What We Offer
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
We are a mission-driven and well-funded startup, backed by the likes of YCombinator, Pathbreaker Ventures, and Crosslink Capital. We are headquartered in San Carlos, CA with our primary production greenhouse facility located in Gilroy, CA.
Iron Ox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note: Iron Ox does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Iron Ox employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Iron Ox.