Senior UX Designer
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more than $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 150 employees and created accounts for more than 300,000 Canadians.
About the Role
At KOHO we're building the ultimate banking tool for all Canadians and we’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us realize this vision.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming new concepts to tweaking pixels. You will be using your skills in UX design, product design, interaction design, visual design and prototyping to create product experiences that deliver measurable value.
Our dream candidate has a passion for understanding our users, and is an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working closely with other designers, engineers and Product Managers to build better products. We're searching for someone with great talent, super attitude and a passion for helping people through smarter designs.
Please Note: This is a remote position based in Canada that is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Work with Product Managers to develop and refine product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it looks’ but ‘why it should be built’)
- Prepare wireframes, user flows, process flows, sitemaps and other artifacts to effectively communicate interactions and design ideas
- Work within an iterative design process: rapid prototyping, incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses in an agile environment
- Work as a part of an end-to-end product development team: collaborating with and providing design direction to engineers, understanding technical requirements of what it takes to implement your designs
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Work with user research to conduct studies and evaluate feedback
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experienced UX practitioner with 5+ years of experience
- Strong communication skills, can present designs to different audiences and clearly explain the rationale behind each design decision
- Strong understand of user-centred design principles and processes including mobile design standards and best practices
- Good eye for UI/UX design and understands the methodology behind creating amazing user workflows
- Great collaborator who loves to work with others to understand and solve our user’s problems
- Be self-directed, we thrive on ambiguity and use our creativity and scrappiness to figure things out
- Creative problem solver who is highly resourceful in getting things done
- Curious and loves to ask lots of questions, especially “why”
- Proficiency in the latest design software
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design abilities and relevant product experiences
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an in-house certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.