Agile Six is a remote-first company that works shoulder-to-shoulder with federal agencies to find innovative, human-centered solutions to improve healthcare access and quality, increase access to benefits for Veterans, and enhance digital services across the government. We are an intrinsically motivated team of creatives, delivery managers, developers, researchers, and subject matter experts that guide our clients using agile methodologies and human-centered design to transform government to better serve citizens. At Agile Six, we know that’s our company’s purpose; and we can only achieve it by supporting a culture where talented people feel valued, empowered, and love to come to work.
Our hiring process follows the following outline:
- Resume Review
- Technical Interview
- Values Fit Interview
- Executive Interview
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for any of these positions, please reach out to email@example.com. We want to ensure you have the ability to apply for any position at Agile Six and are happy to assist with your application.
This is a U.S. remote, full time position. The position will close on March 5th and interview on a rolling basis.
Agile Six is looking for a talented user experience researcher to join a remote, agile program team. Your first project will be to assist with discovery into the Medicare Drug Payment space, help advocate for Human-Centered design practices, and assist in the team's understanding of the subject space.
The 'day to day' for you would be to -
- Help plan and conduct research using a variety of methods such as: light-weight ethnography, task analysis, usability testing, and data analytics
- Work as part of a distributed/remote program team on discovery work and evangelize human-centered practices
- Identify and prioritize user needs and goals, knowledge, and limitations
- Develop research findings to inform improvements to the process, policy, services, and interactions
- Advocate for user research with stakeholders and team members across a range of disciplines, and across multiple teams and organizations
- Facilitate discovery and synthesis of findings into the program space
- Support the research team in formal user research activities using a variety of research methods
- Participate in team ideation sessions to research and validate new feature ideas
- Communicate potential costs and tradeoffs of different processes and approaches while working with potentially incomplete requests
- Support the creation and refinement of epics and/or user stories, to include acceptance criteria
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, users, and team members across a range of disciplines and across multiple teams and organizations
- Provide guidance and advice to the team regarding the implementation of human-centered design practices
- Collaborate to evolve and improve team’s research practice and processes
We're looking for a person who -
- Is driven by an empathetic understanding of people and user needs
- Has hands-on experience planning and integrating a range of user research methods, including but not limited to brainstorming sessions, user interviews, surveys, usability testing, and web analytics
- Enjoys transforming data and findings into actionable, plain language recommendations and research artifacts that capture and convey insights (e.g., journey maps, personas, wireframes, task flows, prototypes)
- Has experience working collaboratively on an Agile team
- Is highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Thinks strategically around trade-offs and short term vs. long term benefits
- Builds and forms strong relationships with the internal team and external partners
- Is adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and holds a positive mindset
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Is self directed in an often ambiguous environment
Minimum qualifications that you bring -
- At least two years of experience conducting UX research
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research
- A portfolio showing or ability walk us through your process, various research deliverables, and outcomes
- Ability to pass a Federal Government Public Trust background investigation
It would be a benefit if you also brought these to the table -
- Experience working with government agencies
- U.S. Veteran
The salary for this position is $90,000 - $102,000 / year
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Paid federal holidays and Juneteenth off
- Company supplied laptop
- Certification assistance
- Professional development budget
We believe that strong teams start with exceptional talent, but ultimately thrive on collaboration and trust. At Agile Six you’ll frequently hear the phrase “Got Your Six.” Your 6 o'clock position refers to your back -- where you are most vulnerable. When we say we’ve “Got Your Six,” it means we’ve got your back. This foundation of trust is built into the DNA of Agile Six. When our clients and our team collaborate and work together within a tight circle of trust, truly great solutions emerge.
Agile Six Applications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.