Product Design Intern
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re transforming an entire industry through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
Glassdoor is looking for an exceptional UX Design Intern for Summer 2021! We want someone passionate about creating experiences that delight job seekers worldwide. Glassdoor’s mission is to help people find jobs and companies they love. We do this by combining our outstanding data-set of company reviews, salaries, interviews, and jobs data. We are in the midst of a rapidly changing jobs economy where the most popular jobs today didn’t exist twenty years back and perhaps the most popular jobs twenty years from now don’t exist today. Job seeking is difficult and time-consuming and many job seekers don’t know what jobs they could do. We seek to solve this problem through technology and machine learning. You’ll be contributing to our next-generation jobs search solution.
Our intern will tackle complex tasks and translate them into intuitive and accessible solutions for millions of people around the world. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of other designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers throughout the design process, from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product exceeds their expectations. The role is fully remote.
If you want to gain professional experience in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, and UX designers to create intuitive, functional, and beautiful experiences
- Design solutions to help our users discover and navigate Glassdoor
- Work with UX designers and engineers to evolve our pattern library
- Assist your team in identifying user needs by performing usability tests, interview, and other user research tasks
- Participate in sprint planning, grooming, and reviews
What you bring:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or Master degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- An online portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills and solid understanding of user-centered principles
- Working knowledge of design tools including Sketch
- Experience in responsive web design
- Experience working with a design library a plus
- Experience/knowledge with CSS, HTML a plus
- Experience building prototypes a plus
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Events throughout the summer plus cool GD swag!
- Live Q&A's with leaders across the Glassdoor organization
- Workshops with recruiting pros to help build your resume and prep for future interviews
- Work on meaningful projects that can directly influence and impact Glassdoor's product roadmap and vision
- Fully-remote program
- Competitive compensation
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.