We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. Our ideal candidate for this role will sit in our Dener office once it is safe to do so.
How You’ll Do It
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll help our engineering, underwriting, business, and
product teams solve the most important problems around getting and using workers’ compensation Insurance.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll create wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, update designs based on user feedback, and assist in usability testing. In addition, you’ll also be responsible for following design patterns used across all of Pie’s internal and external applications. You’ll report to the UX Team Lead and work closely with Senior UX Designers to deliver enhanced and new functionality to our Policy Portal, billing and payment systems.
The Right Stuff
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, or similar role.
- Have contributed to the design of multi-page transactional flows for B2B or B2C.
- Understand the basic usability principles for enterprise applications.
- Have used an internal design system.
- Knowledgeable with Adobe XD or Sketch.
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, MouseFlow or similar data analytics software.
- Familiar with Agile principles and methodologies.
- Go above and beyond the responsibilities of UX when needed by assisting in product planning, testing, and any other area of need.
- Assertive, collaborative and well organized—with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with remote team members in different time zones.
- Must be able to show a portfolio of past projects.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $85,000- $105,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.