This opportunity is huge. We're building the next generation of online home search and we're looking for a UX Designer to join our product team and help design simple, useful experiences that solve real world problems. Buying a home can be hard, stressful, and confusing at times. We're looking to build a home search platform that helps people not just find homes, but give them the tools and help they need to make the home buying process easier and more fun. The experience will feel familiar enough to the top real estate search websites at first view, but will provide more value over time by providing tools that help them through the process of actually buying a home, not just becoming a lead.
We are driven by a consumer-first mentality. By creating amazing consumer experiences that provide real, recognizable value in the home-buying process, we will in turn also create more meaningful opportunities for agents to provide help and consultation at the right time. We're looking to create inspiring experiences that millions of people will use to find, organize and collaborate during their home search.
Just being real, an opportunity like this does not come around very often. It's our goal to compete with the 5 largest real estate portals in the U.S. We have the team and the resources to do it, it's not going to be easy, but for the right person, it could be a career-defining opportunity.
Showcase IDX is a leader in home search, consumer engagement, and lead generation, enabling thousands of real estate professionals across 100+ brokerages and teams to harness the full marketing potential of modern marketing. In August 2020, we were acquired by eXp World Holdings (Nasdaq: EXPI), and we will continue to operate as an independent company. For our sister company, eXp Realty, we will be developing a national and international search portal product, while maintaining the growth of our existing business.
With Showcase IDX you'll enjoy a fast-paced startup-like environment backed by a large public company without the annoying parts of each. Our team is fully-remote and at the beginning of a big new mission, as we look to redefine how people find and buy homes on a national and eventually international scale.
It's important to us that work is as enjoyable as possible and provides opportunities for individual growth. We like making well-reasoned decisions and making them quickly. We don't particularly like too many meetings, but we love working together to figure things out. We're laid back with each other, don't take ourselves too seriously, and laugh (probably more than we should), but we always focus on staying close to our customers and adding value to their daily lives.
Our team is made up of highly experienced, talented people who see opportunities where others may not. We understand that innovation comes from experience, experimentation, iteration, taking smart risks, and rejecting the idea that the status quo is the only or best way to solve a problem. You'll be challenged by big ideas, and have the opportunity to influence a product that truly impacts one of the biggest decisions in 100s of millions of people's lives in very real ways.
We believe that delivering value outweighs how many hours you work or where you work. Balance is essential as you're not going to be productive if you're burned out. We provide a flexible work schedule, extremely generous vacation, a relaxed work environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development.
More About This Role
You'll create beautiful and compelling interactive experiences, and take responsibility for the full design life-cycle. You use your intuition and insights from user research to explore and present innovative and pragmatic design solutions that focus more on solving high level problems than having a feature for its own sake. You have lots of great ideas and love iterating based on critical feedback.
In this role you will be ideating with the product team and CEO, developing original design concepts, bringing best practices to an evolving design process, and providing engineers with the resources and documentation they need to realize designs across web and native platforms, desktop, tablet, and mobile form factors.
- Amazing work/life balance - sane & flexible work schedule, extremely generous vacation.
- Work on interesting customer and product challenges in an environment that encourages creativity, fun, and the use of new tools to deliver the best results.
- Have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup-like environment.
- Work closely with a small, talented team with a proven track record.
- Be a central part of a product team that will design and build the next generation of home search tools.
- A team culture that attracts and retains the absolute best people through a motivating and rewarding environment.
- Have your work be seen and used by millions of people.
- Spend your day looking for ways to make people's lives better as they look for a new home, not simply creating boring wireframes for products that you really don't care about.
- Great benefits like Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental), flexible vacation scheduling, 401K with 4% company match and much more.
- You are looking for a rare opportunity to be mentored by and work alongside a team that has been strategic and tactical leaders in marketing, operations, and brand storytelling, across multiple industries from start-up to over $500M annual revenue.
- You love a challenge. You are resourceful and creative to find solutions. Big goals don’t scare you – they inspire you.
- You are driven by serving others to make them successful and help them have a great customer experience.
- Your best day is seeing your team deliver and achieve amazing results.
- You relish the opportunity to work with a product team, marketing team, customer success team, and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome customer experience.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to deliver value and take full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You have a bias towards action. You’re programmed to take the initiative to ask questions, learn, and get things done.
- You possess superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the people’s true objectives.
- You are resourceful, scrappy, and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you go figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- You are comfortable with data, ambiguity, and speed.
- You relish the opportunity to work from anywhere.
- You’re not afraid to fail. In fact, you look forward to the learning and growth that happens when you get something wrong and you quickly incorporate the learnings into action.
- You are a detail-oriented, results-driven, self-starter, with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative that this remote role requires.
- You think of yourself as a nice person most of the time.
- Deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems - defined by qualitative and quantitative insights and data on web and mobile
- Contribute to the creation of a CSS Design system to create a uniform UI across multiple platforms.
- Design. Test. Iterate: Transform complex ideas into amazingly simple products. Create wireframes and flows to define features. Rapidly test hypotheses to validate and refine your concepts and improve your designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Create a unified experience across the entire customer journey that is contextual, useful, and beautiful.
- Work closely with teammates to design a product that people searching for homes can't believe they never had and can no longer live without.
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users more than anyone else in the company - both the emotional needs and the functional needs
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Help ship amazing features: Work with team members in the product and engineering groups through the product development lifecycle to stay ahead of issues and make sure projects are delivered to your specifications and on time. Track key success metrics to inform future feature development.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of successful interactive experiences that have proven to engage users and solve their problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in creating and managing CSS design systems.
- Experience collaborating with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Master's degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field and/or 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centric design mindset and process.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Option Grant
- Flexible PTO
- Quality Medical + Dental + Vision
- Tax-Free Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401K with 4% company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
Diversity Is Important To Us
Showcase IDX is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.