edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit, is dedicated to increasing access to high-quality online education to everyone, everywhere. It’s a big job - think internationalization, accessibility, and usability - and we’re looking for someone interested in the challenge of building great experiences within the ed-tech program space.
You will be part of a talented, multidisciplinary, and cross-functional team that is focused on engaging, inspiring, and supporting our lifelong learners. You’ll look at everything from how we help learners find relevant courses and programs, all the way to helping them stay engaged with the content and their new community. You’ll also be responsible for partnering on exciting strategic initiatives, including how we handle notifications across our platform, and approach onboarding for learners and course admins alike.
The Experience team within edX is growing! Our embedded structure allows the group to influence and shape the user experience across the edX platform. In this role, you’ll partner closely with members of the Experience team, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to understand and capture the constraints and opportunities that inform your UX design
- Design low and medium concept flows to improve our platform for both learners and course administrators
- Leverage our evolving design system to produce select portions of your work in high fidelity
- Contribute back to the design system library in Figma as needed, when new components or iteration opportunities arise
- Capture the thinking and decisions behind your work while sharing early and often with the project and experience team members
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Demonstrate attention to detail and follow through in producing multiple iterations of your work to reach the best solution for the project
- Gather data to inform your work and conduct solution assessments
- Conduct concept validation testing
- ~2+ years of recent experience in a product design role
- The desire to partner with a cross-functional team to reach great solutions including Product Management, Marketing, Support, and Engineering
- Experience with delivering UX work for development in an Agile environment
- Low, medium and high fidelity design capabilities
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) that build and foster collaborative relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience with concept validation research and usability testing
- Ability and drive to successfully engage and self-manage work while operating within a team
Nice to Have
- Experience with designing within brand standards and design systems
- Microcopy UI writing
- Discovery facilitation
- Moderated research chops
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, employment visa sponsorship is not available. This position is based in our Cambridge, MA office. While edX is currently remote, candidates should be able to commute to the office 2x a week upon reopening.