At Flo, we aim to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide. We help women put themselves first. Flo exists to empower women by giving them a space they can access the knowledge and support they need to prioritise their health and wellbeing.
We do this by offering tracking and predictions, advice from experts, and a safe space for women to talk to each other, share stories and give support. We also offer rich content - from stories to courses, videos to interviews with experts. This content is tailored to the users’ journey - tracking, trying to conceive and pregnancy.
You will be joining at an exciting time for our content team. We have a new VP and we will be evolving the content both in design and in functionality. We will be reimagining our content and its relationship with our users and the impact it will have on their lives.
We are looking for a strong user researcher to work closely with our product team on content.
What you'll do:
- Planning, designing, preparing and running user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of the product
- Managing the usability testing process from setting up and designing tests, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results.
- Working closely with VPs of product,, product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Continually test and suggest improvements the content in the app and its presentation
- Foster a team and company culture of involvement and use of research,
- Lead workshops and other activities for your product team to analyse, interpret and make decisions based on user needs
- Work with the other user researchers to ensure quality of research, and drive improvements in practice.
- Designing and discovery research to develop a deep understanding of the needs of Flo users
- Designing, executing and analysing quantitative surveys.
- Leading workshops to collaboratively analyse and interpret research and data
- Effectively communicating user research findings to the team and the wider organisation, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users (including presentations at demos, designing and maintaining research reports and formal reports).
- Working closely with analytics colleagues to define user centred KPIs, to create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services.
- Collaborate and support people in other streams
- Good communication skills, the ability to both hear others and convey your thoughts efficiently
- Good prioritizations skills.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment with designers, developers and product managers to create new digital products and services
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centred design practices for web, and apps
- Experience of understanding user needs for content
- Experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Strong understanding of strengths and limitations of different research methods.
- Experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts, such as presentations, reports, demos and so on.
- Experience introducing and establishing user research practices in a team.
- Agile research
- Ability to interpret data to uncover patterns and user needs
- research for subscriptions based mobile products
- remote research,
- mixed-methods research
- High quality standards
- Empathetic and open minded
- 5+ years of experience in design research covering the full spectrum of research techniques: from early stage generative discovery research to summative usability testing