Digital Product Designer
Brainstorm Creative Resources
Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a highly visible, national media organization headquartered in northern Virginia, that is looking to engage two Digital Product Designers in full-time temporary roles that will offer 35-45 billable hours/week over a three-month timeframe.
The Digital Product Designer role is a remote (work from any location in the United States) position that will require consistent availability during typical business hours throughout each week. Individuals invited to take on these roles will work in coordination with staff product designers and UX designers on a Consumer Experience Product Team that supports product managers, business analysts and technology developers. The position reports to a VP who is the Head of Product Design & UX.
Our client is looking for talented and experienced Product Designers who are capable of helping to elevate product design research activities and who can visualize and rapidly iterate design concepts for multiple platforms and devices, at various levels of fidelity (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes). Individuals will work on a wide range of projects. Some will be conceptual and innovative; others will have a focus on tactical outcomes for the brand's flagship news website and for local market sites. Designing, launching and analyzing user tests will be an essential part of the role, therefore all applicants should have experience writing user tests.
* BA and/or equivalent professional experience in UI/UX design, design strategy, communication design, visual design and/or human-centered design.
* Portfolio of example work and/or studies that clearly demonstrate the breadth of your relevant experience; example work offered will ideally align with your most recent work experiences as outlined in your resume or bio narrative.
* Substantial hands-on expertise with product design and agile methodologies.
* Expertise in human-centered design and design thinking tools and methods.
* Experience working for or on behalf of a digital product & services company.
* Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories).
* Hands-on knowledge of product design tools such as Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, usertesting.com and Figma (preferred; not required).
* Comfortable working in Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
* Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team.
* Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
* Particularly deep experience in key areas like UI design, UX design and research, usability testing, and information architecture.
* The ability to think about the end-goal and higher strategy while understanding known constraints to produce an engaging design experience.
* Strong sense of collaboration; you should thrive in iterative, cross-disciplinary environments.
* Comfortable trying new things and failing quickly to get to an optimal solution.
* Use design to communicate complex concepts, whether they're conversations, frameworks, or ideas.
* Interest in media/journalism is a plus.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are only interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who can work:
(1) 35 - 45 hours/week;
(2) during regular business hours;
(2) remotely at the location of their choice within the United States;
(3) starting in March or early April;
(4) continuing for approximately three months.
Based on conversations we have had with our client, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a pay rate range of $70/hour to $120/hour. (Annualized equivalent salaries that correspond to this pay rate range are $140K to $240K.) We realize that we are advertising a broad pay rate range. We are interested in receiving inquiries and applications from demonstrably talented mid-career professionals and highly experienced senior-level professionals.
Brainstorm Creative Resources pays competitively and actively encourages our employer clients to do the same. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay less experienced applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced applicants can expect that we will make a strong, evidentiary case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
The actual rate and/or salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on some or all of the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.