Junior UX/UI Designer
Who We Are
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All of Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase results in a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For
Do you want to join a technology team posed for growth while learning and growing alongside a friendly group of developers, designers, and product managers? As a junior designer on our team, you will be responsible for designing and updating our site to grow with Thrive Causemetics's evolving brand. Also, you'll help us with user testing, A/B testing and be instrumental in keeping our design components library up-to-date. This is an opportunity to own your design work from start to developing while also learning in real-time how your designs impact customer conversion and support our customer experience team. The ideal candidate will have a degree in a design-related subject or equivalent experience, with some education or background working in user experience research or design. Previous work experience in a web-focused design role at a direct-to-consumer brand or agency is an added plus.
Please submit a link to your portfolio for our team to review.
- Assist in the design of core site pages such as homepage, product page, and checkout
- Develop new designs for landing pages that need full redesigns, such as careers, blogs, giving, and more.
- Assist the Senior UX/UI designer with user experience research and user testing utilizing Userlytics, Baymard, and other relevant services.
- Build new components and maintain existing components in our design components library to ensure the design and creative consistency
- Seek out website feedback from our customer experience team to pinpoint UX and UI improvement
- Execute design quality assurance tests across multiple device types before deployments
- Assist in keeping a consistent UX/UI across multiple international websites
- Work closely with Thrive Causemetics developers to ensure designs align with web best practices, including site speed, accessibility, and SEO.
- A passion for learning and growing as a UX/UI designer through collaboration and feedback from like-minded peers
- 1-3+ years of web design experience
- Proficient knowledge of Sketch or Figma. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of fundamental web design and user experience principles
- Self-motivated and solution-driven, with a passion for designing the best user experience possible.
- A natural inclination towards data-driven design decisions. You consistently research, identify and share current D2C and e-commerce trends as they relate to the industry.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to collaborate and work with a variety of disciplines, including product managers, merchandisers, and developers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience collaborating with a developer when designing
- Experience with helping or running user experience testing through userlytics.com or an equivalent
- Experience working in a work management system like Asana with a team
- Strong knowledge of Thrive Causemetics products and a passion for the beauty industry
- Passion for social impact, an ethos for giving back, and an eagerness to join a mission-driven company
Why Thrive Causemetics?
- Robust compensation package with employee bonus plan
- 401k & up to 4% company match
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits
- $50k Life Insurance Policy at no cost
- Employee Assistance Program
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion training
- Employee discount
- Health & Wellness Workshops
- Remote team get-togethers and opportunities to participate at company Giving events
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Thrive Causemetics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate with regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), gender expression, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, military and veteran status, status as an individual with a disability (physical and/or mental), and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.