Zensurance is a fast growing start-up turned “scale-up”, insure-tech company that is disrupting the insurance market. Zensurance is focused on building a market leading insurance platform that helps small and medium sized businesses manage their business risks. This task requires us to engineer from scratch, a customer-centric organization and product. We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
We are looking for a UX designer to join our team and help improve our user experience to deliver a remarkable B2B experience and drive user engagement. You’ll simplify how our business customers find the best insurance deals by expertly assessing user desirability, technical viability and business feasibility. Leveraging our current design system, you’ll collaborate in an agile environment with a top-notch team of product managers, developers, marketers and insurance brokers.
We focus on finding designers who believe that:
Design is never done: Think critically and question convention - experiment
Context matters: consider the entire user experience
We are not our users: internal validation doesn’t replace users’ opinions - be open to feedback
A rising tide lifts all boats: design in the open - be transparent and communicative
What will you do?
- Work with UX Lead, Product Managers and our development team to translate business and internal user requirements into intuitive design solutions
- Contribute to design process using methods like service mapping, storyboarding, wireframing and rapid prototyping
- Support our design system
- Facilitate and contribute to internal brainstorms, discussions, UX research and ideation sessions
What do you need to succeed? - Must Have:
- 3-4 years of UX design for product development
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Computer Science or any related field
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, user-centered design & research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative)
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (such as Adobe XD or Figma)
- A portfolio demonstrating your problem-solving abilities and design process is required
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile devices, with a solid understanding of current best practices and trends in the digital space
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Detail-oriented and analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to stakeholders
- Ability to efficiently gather feedback from different stakeholders to enhance designs
- Experience working in Fintech, Insurance or banking is a huge plus
- Experience with conversion optimization
- Familiarity with UX analytics and data-driven approach
- Scrum Master certification
- Familiarity with UX writing principles and practice
Does this sound like you? What are you waiting for; apply now!
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
· Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest growing insurtech start up
· Contemporary office downtown TO, 1 minute from Osgoode Station and 7 minutes from Union Station
· Flexible work environment / work from home arrangements available to everyone
· Modern technology - laptops provided to all staff
· Comprehensive, flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles
· Weekly Friday company-wide meetings
· Build next level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide team building events
· Be a part of something special, we are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy to use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on three core values that we live and breathe everyday, they are:
INSPIRE: We put people first and empower them to be the best they can be.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable to achieving them.
If reading all that piqued your interest, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit for us. Whether it be through a resume - or something else you think is better - send us what you believe will impress us. Show us your creative process - how you think and solve problems!
True to its Canadian values, Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter, if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.