Senior UX/UI Designer
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
Sonar is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our new product team.
So, why Sonar?
Plain and simple: We've created an environment for you to succeed - whether that's growing your skills or removing barriers for you to do your best work. Sonar believes that smart people should be given hard problems to solve and not lengthy PRDs that dictate a solution. You'll be given every opportunity to pave the way in the areas that interest you the most. We play to win, and we can't do it without you. Come help us create a new category that will be a game changer for Change Intelligence as we bring exciting solutions to operations teams!
Reporting to the Co-founder & CPO, the UX/UI Lead will own the User Experience end-to-end for our application. You’ll be responsible for establishing Sonar’s design language and systems, building out a world class UX/UI team, and setting the standard for how Sonar’s application scales.
We’re an early stage, fast growing software startup looking for smart, ambitious, and creative people to help make their mark and lay the foundation for exciting growth ahead. If you’re passionate about making a difference, and love working with ambitious peers who put their team first, then Sonar is for you!
What is Sonar?
Sonar is on a mission to provide confidence, clarity, and efficiency when managing change.
Sonar is defining and leading the market for change intelligence software. We give operations teams x-ray vision into their technology stack, showing them how their data is used, when it changes, and what’s broken. Our solution empowers revenue operations (RevOps) leaders to develop critical solutions that keep their marketing, sales, and client success operations running smoothly.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers and engineers
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and standards
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable solutions
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand the problems we’re solving, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, UI flows, and/or high fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- 3-5+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout product life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Interaction Design skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale.
- Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- A strong knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Figma, or other tools for generating low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
- Thorough knowledge of Marty Cagan / SVPG concepts on product development
- Examples of leadership in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment
- Able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
What we offer!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, partial coverage for dependents
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- Flexible parental leave
- Brand new Macbook Pro
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.